Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leesand Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2005, 11:36 PM
    We are 2 different Religions!!
    Hello, my name is Leesand, I am a sophomore at college. I have known my boyfriend for a while, and we became really good friends when he was a senior in high school, and I a freshmen in college. Well we started dating in October, so its been 7 months. We both love each other but there is one problem... he is Christian really religious... and I am Catholic, not as much religious, but I do have my beliefs. I don't know what to do, because we have different religious views on everything! We both are Mexicans, and for wedding, (Catholic) there is the food part, then the dancing, but his religion doesn't dance... or don't do dances... I don't know, when I want to get married, I want a Catholic Wedding and he wants a wedding at his church! Im so confused... am I just being selfish... but even so... I believe in the Virgin Mary, and we pray to her, and all that but he sometimes questions as to why we do that...
    Another thing is that I am still a virgin, and I believe in staying a virgin until marriage, I think he is one too, but I don't know if he can wait for me any longer?

Can someone please help!
    Thank you! :)
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

May 1, 2005, 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesand
    he is Christian really religous...and I am Catholic, not as much religious, but I do have my beliefs.
    I don't mean to be rude, but if you don't know that Catholicism is a Christian denomination, how can you call yourself a Catholic at all?

May 2, 2005, 12:02 AM
    Well I know that it is part of Christian religion... I think he is like Apostolic...
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

May 2, 2005, 12:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Leesand
    well i know that it is part of Christian religion...I think he is like Apostolic...
    You think? You're stressing out over this and you don't even know for sure what his religion is?

May 2, 2005, 12:08 AM
    :( Well, we never talk abou what religion he is... we just talk about our beliefs.
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

Aug 17, 2007, 12:16 AM
    I know a couple, the husband is Pakistani, the wife is Greek Orthodox. Big spectrum. They decide to have two weddings to combine cultures. You can also compromise... who gets the wedding and who gets the reception. The main thing is that you love each other and want to get married before God. If it was meant to be, it will happen.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 05:44 AM
    Why don't you take this chance to learn from each other?

Most people together are quite different, it's what makes you grow-learn from each other and learn to compromise!:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting holiday gifts for persons of other religions [ 9 Answers ]

Okay I know I have made fun of them but I have An aunt, uncle, and three cousins who are Jehovas witnesses. I know they don't celebrate santa and all that stuff. Isn't there some way I can get something for them that won't offend or start a war?

Gender equality in the mainstream religions [ 19 Answers ]

One of significant shortfalls of the "Great book religions" (IMHO) is their insistence on the inequality of the sexes. Even for those few varieties of western Protestantism that allow women to be priests and bishops, inequality is still fixed into the foundations of the theology. The myths of...

Can a child be baptized into 2 religions? [ 3 Answers ]

I am English and my husband is Greek and we live in Ireland. My son age 7 was born in Belgium and has a British passport. My husband is going to baptize him in Athens, Greece over Easter so he will be Greek Orthodox, but I want to baptize him in England so he is church of England like myself. Is...

View more questions Search