Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alissakk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2006, 03:51 PM
    Door Knob in center of front door
    Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatible knob. Also, interested in replacing the decorative plate around the knob - Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Alissa in Portland
    skiberger Posts: 562, Reputation: 41

Feb 28, 2006, 04:01 PM
    Is the manufacture name visible any where on the knob/ lock system? If so, try to Google the name. Sorry I can't help other than that.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2006, 07:54 PM
    I have seen doors with the knob in the center. My guess is that the knob assembly is standard using a specialty striker. The lock brand is often on the latch. Find the same brand, and likely a new knob will work. Note, builders shop lumber yards, not hardwares and Lowe's. You might have to buy a whole lock assembly and throw away the parts you don't need. Note, I never throw anything away, and my garage looks like it.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2006, 06:57 AM
    HI,
    Here is a lead; a link showing center front door knobs; two types.
    http://shops.buyandsell.ie/Handlesan...ex.php?cat=452

Might be a place to start looking. You might also check around locally, looking for something similar to what you have now. Ask if it doesn't fit, if you can bring it back. This is assuming you don't know the manufacturer and can't find an exact replacement knob.
    Best of luck.
    sammar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 10:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by alissakk
    Does anyone know of a resource for replacement parts for my specialty front door. The knob is located in the center of the door with a bird theme metal plate surrounding the knob - door is 35 7/8 wide - I would like to replace the knob - the hardware still works fine, I just need a compatable knob. Also, interested in replacing the decorative plate around the knob - Any leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Alissa in Portland
    Alissa, I have the same problem. Did you ever find a resolution to this? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jul 12, 2007, 04:54 PM
    Here's who you need to call. Beesons hardware, highpoint North Carolina. They also have a web site under that name, if they don't have it you can't get it
    bean fuála Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2008, 03:53 PM
    Center door knobs and all the hardware you need can be found at
    Welcome to Knobs and Knockers online
    Knobs and knockers is a store in Dublin, they answer e-mail questions quickly too

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Girl Next Door! [ 4 Answers ]

Ok I got the Under Pressure Song from the Girl Next Door movie (which isn't on the soundtrack, didn't find out till I paid for it of course) but I can't find the song that plays when they just got out of swimming in the principals pool and are walking up to the party, it sounded really cool but I...

Pet Door [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a cinder block house and want to cut out a hole for my cat pet door. Can I do this if the wall is not a load bearing one?:confused: Jansbear

Front door peeling [ 1 Answers ]

My front door clear coat is flaking it goes not receive a lot of sun light. The door is fiberglass and is stained. Any ideas how to fix this problem.

Dishwasher door [ 5 Answers ]

I installed a new GE Tall Tub dishwasher, but now a few weeks later I cannot get the door to open after setting it to wash the di. There is no apparent blockage, but I do not know what to try first.

View more questions Search