Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Khufu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2011, 10:35 PM
    Things that go bump in the night (and day)
    Ok, For the past few years strange things have been happening to me, pools of water appear on the floor in different locations around the house(Yes I've blamed the family pet and it has been tried and found innocent!) I wake up with random scratches on my person which I cannot account for, things go missing ALL the time then turn up in the most obvious places, places you just know you have already looked.

The dog sits up and growls and barks at nothing, we have heard voices when we are the only ones in the house, footsteps in the next room, so loud in fact that we were convinced we had burglars but on total and thorough inspection of the property.. nada! The other night we were lying in bed something just fell out of thin air onto the wooden floor we have in the bedroom.. the sound was unmistakeable but again after a search nothing was found. People have said they have seen things at our house, shadowy figures etc, I kind of laugh it off, I am pretty much skeptical about this type of thing and always look for the scientific explination. My partner of 4 and a half years tells me its been happening to her for years and I should acknowledge and believe it, but being an analytical type I crave for facts and evidence. There is more that has happened and I have witnessed, but too much to mention here. What do you think I going on? And how do we address it?
    martinizing2 Posts: 1,868, Reputation: 819
    Expert

Jan 12, 2011, 12:07 AM

Many things happen that cannot be explained.

Many more strange things happen that can be explained by logical, rational thought and investigation.

What appear to be shapes and figures can be reflected lights or dust in the air or any number of things.

The fields electric currant emit can affect how we feel and make you uneasy.
    Variation in the power supply to your house can cause appliances to do things they normally don't.

When we get scared we perceive things differently than we do when we are not scared.

If you believe that paranormal things are happening you may begin to look for them which may mask the true cause.

Look for logical explanations first.

But at the same time , keep a record of what happens and to whom it happens.

Try recording , taking pictures, or video and see if anything shows up.

I have experienced paranormal events and take this very
    Seriously.
    I hope you will try to investigate and keep me updated.
    I will be here to bounce ideas off or give feedback and suggestions.

I am working on compiling information about situations
    Like yours ,and making it available to anyone who
    Thinks there is "something going on" . This would give them
    A place to start at least.

So I am keenly interested in whatever you find.

I have experiences that make my first suggestion to be;

Have the clergyman of your choice bless the house.
    Then look into what is happening, if it still is.
    pretty04 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2011, 01:21 PM
    Comment on martinizing2's post
    Hi I have something similar going on in my house I hear the door open and shut then lock not only me but my son as well I hear foot steps. My light flicker on occasion my fiancé feels weird energy in our place like someone is watching us its scary
    Expert

Jan 28, 2011, 12:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    pretty04
    Comment on martinizing2's post
    hi i have something similar going on in my house i hear the door open and shut then lock not only me but my son as well i hear foot steps. my light flicker on occasion my fiance feels weird energy in our place like someone is watching us its scary
    If you would like to discuss this , detail out what has been going on and post it in the "Ask Question or search" box at the top ,which will start a new thread for your questions.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2011, 06:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by martinizing2 View Post

I am working on compiling information about situations
    like yours ,and making it available to anyone who
    thinks there is "something going on" . This would give them
    a place to start at least.
    Martinizing, I like this idea. Would you be planning a list of questions to ask that would help a person investigate? Just curious. Thanks
    Expert

Jan 28, 2011, 07:59 PM
    Martinizing, I like this idea. Would you be planning a list of questions to ask that would help a person investigate? Just curious. Thanks
    by parttime

What I have been working on is something like the first answer I posted in this thread.
    That is one of a few I have written and put in notepad to get things underway.

I think that if people get something to go on and be more objective while they investigate themselves, many of these things can be explained by those who are experiencing them.
    Too many times these "paranormal investigators", or others who claim to be able to help are just stealing money from people who are willing to try most anything because they are afraid of what's happening.

I hope too be able to give them incentive to solve for themselves , or refer them to people or organizations who can actually help in extreme cases.

Many many times having the place blessed will stop the problem. If it works because of true power or is a placebo is of no matter when it works, which it often does.
    So this is always a first suggestion to go along with the check list of what may be happening.

So it would be a list of questions along with a list of what to look for, and suggestions of what they can do right now if they feel an urgent need.

It is a work in progress that is going to still take some time and effort but I think (and hope) it will be worth it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In tx can my boyfriend kick me out in the middle of the night and keep my things? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend kicked me out in the middle of the night after I have been living with him for a year. He won't give me my things and the police told me I had to leave.

Carrier vs. Day and Night [ 7 Answers ]

Looking at putting a new gas furnace and a new A/C unit in place. 92% 80k BTU Carrier 13 Seer slim A/C Carrier With installation at At $8400 With Day and Night it's $500 less.

Credit Bureau Reglagations . The day to day things [ 4 Answers ]

So, can someone tell me where I can find out more information on what it is the three credit bureau's (meaning Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian) MUST follow in order to list someone on your credit report... PART ONE: My thoughts on this subject are burning in my mind... and I'm very junior...

Day and Night [ 2 Answers ]

Help, I just bought a home in July 2006, the home is built 1976. It has a 3 ton Say and night unit, I had it serviced in September for the cold weather. The Tech found a 2" X 8" crack in the heat exchange. I have home warranty but they refuse to fix it. HSA would not recommend them to anyone. I...

View more questions Search