Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waited2long Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 04:26 PM
    Back child support and Social Security Disability
    I am owed over 40k in back child support for my child. Father has just been approved for SSD and my child will get monthly benefits as well. Normally CSE intercepts tax refunds, etc. and they have already sent an income withholding order to SSA. My question is: Will they intercept his retro lump sum payment for the child support arrearage?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 11, 2008, 07:56 AM
    Make sure they know the lump sum is coming and you might be able to get a goodly portion of it provided they do the paperwork in time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support and social security disability [ 7 Answers ]

My ex said he is trying to get on disability so that he doesn't have to pay child support. Is this true? We live in PA

Social Security Disability? And a child [ 5 Answers ]

My husband was married 12 years ago , and got a divorce. The mother of his son they had, remarried four years ago. My husband fell ill and almost died from diebeities complications. During this time recoporating he than went on SSD for Mental Illness,bi-polar. His ex wife took him to court and...

Social Security Disability and illegitimate child and paternity test [ 2 Answers ]

If a man is on Social Security Disability benefits for years, fathers a child out of wedlock (baby only due to be born next month), is the child eligible for any payments based on the fact that the father is receiving SSD benefits monthly? Will Social Security require a paternity test to prove the...

Back child support and social security disability back pay [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Texas and I am making court ordered payments fro back child support for a non-minor child. I will be receiving social security disability soon and was wondering since I am making payments will my social security back pay be garnished?:confused:

View more questions Search