Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cleaner Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Bidding chart or determine a price for cleaning offices?
    I have everything else ready for my cleaning business except the major thing is... how do I determine a price for my clients. I don't know where to start first can someone please help me.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Price can be by the square foot or the hour. I would suggest calling other similar type cleaning people in the vicinity where you want to clean and ask how they determine their price and what they would charge by the square foot or hour.
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Sep 2, 2007, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner
    I have everything else ready for my cleaning business except the major thing is...how do I determine a price for my clients. I don't know where to start first can someone please help me.
    I would suggest becoming a member of IJCSA: International Janitorial Cleaning Services Association - IJCSA - Home They will help you with all your cleaning questions. Price usually ranges from $25-$30 per hour. Most will not go into a home for less than $75 per cleaning.
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 01:53 AM
    If you want to work as an individual, and not be pricing yourself out of a job, then it is best to find out what people who do this as individuals in the area in which you would like to clean are already charging for a similar service that you will be providing. The prices will vary depending on where you will want to do your work.

There may be some sort of national average as far as the wages that are paid per hour to someone that does cleaning. But, charging in the range of the average prices might mean nothing to where you will be doing the work. It's best to get an idea of what you can charge based upon hearing it from the "horses mouth" from people in the know around where you might like to work.

The prices quoted above might be for someone who does the cleaning who is working for a company that sends out cleaners to people. The company that employs the cleaners might be charging the customer somewhere in the range of the prices that are quoted above. But, the person that does the actual cleaning is not going to get those kinds of wages.

Most will not go into a home for less than $75 per cleaning.
    The poster above does not provide any qualifying information as to what $75.00 per cleaning constitutes.
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2007, 01:54 AM
    I have everything else ready for my cleaning business except the major thing is...how do I determine a price for my clients. I don't know where to start first can someone please help me.
    Where (what country, place, state, city, town, etc.) do you want to work? It would help to know that in order to provide the best possible answer for you.
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Sep 5, 2007, 04:47 AM
    The rate idea above is just a range and is normal for those in their own cleaning business working for and by themselves. It is definitely best to find out what the going rate is in your area, but most importantly, you need to determine what you need and want to make as a profit at the end of the day. Cleaning is a tough job and you want to make sure you get paid what you are worth.

The website mentioned above is a great resource for people who own their own cleaning business and work as a sole proprietor.
    RachelleNH Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 10:21 AM
    I'd compare to others in your area... I run my own cleaning biz. And around here it ranges residentially from 15 to 25 an hour... Commercially is a little different, you can go on sq. footage, but I personally don't. I figure my hours, times 20 an hour and chemicals/gas, insurance etc. So, for example a 4 hour office cleaning job for me would be $100 weekly. This is all in experience and varies... sometimes you underbid, but live and learn... and make sure to READ those commercial contracts carefully, I've been badly burned because of that in the beginning! I hope this helps!
    CHARLIE2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2007, 07:49 AM
    Hi I am a new menber in this site so, there is to many webs in internet that can help you to price your cleaning biz. Just type HOW TO PRICE A JANITOR CLEANING OR COMMERCIAL CLEANING AND WILL APPEAR HOW TO CALCULATE YOUR PRICE . I hove that will help you . Also is depend what you have to do just cleaning because the price is not the same when you clean a carpet or you do floor care.
    lillian12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2008, 10:30 PM
    Comment on CHARLIE2007's post
    I have not checked it out as of yet, but thus far this is the best solutions I will try typing infor and write back
    Uber Member

May 26, 2010, 12:07 AM
    Thread is now very old and archived.

Thread is now attracting piggybacks.

Thread is now CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Bidding [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to bid on cleaning banks without sq. footage? I have the specs.

How to determine a fair price for a business [ 3 Answers ]

My employer has offered me and my son a chance to buy her business. It's a commercial cleaning service that brings in aprox $15,500 a month. She wants payments of 7000 a month to be taken off the top of the profits. I'll be paying this for 5 years. There is no building in the sale, only...

Commercial cleaning bidding [ 5 Answers ]

When bidding on cleaning contracts how do you determine how much you charge (per square foot)? You want to be the lowest but not so low that you're working for free

Bidding Chart or Price Chart [ 4 Answers ]

I need an example of a bidding chart or price chart... to estimate the a price when I bid on a place to clean. I'm in the office cleaning business.

Bidding on a job [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... my name is Dan and I've just recently decided on going into business for myself. I've decided that commercial pressure washing is what I want to do but I'm not sure how to bid on the job. Is there a certain formula to use concerning the amount of money to charge?

View more questions Search