Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juliegoodison Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 11:00 AM
    How do I evict a roommate in San jose ca?
    I have a top situation, I had evicted my roommate and file the UDcomplaint in the court, but she was win the case because she refused that I gave her 30 day notice, and judge decide to let she stay in my apartment and I am need to refile evict her again. I just wonder if I am not follow the legally by law, just throw her stuff out from my apartment, please give me an advise
    Thank you
    Julie
    :mad:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 2, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by juliegoodison View Post
    I have a top situation, I had evicted my roommate and file the UDcomplaint in the court, but she was win the case because she refused that I gave her 30 day notice, and judge decide to let she stay in my appartment and I am need to refile evict her again. I just wonder if I am not follow the legally by law, just throw her stuff out from my appartment, please give me an advise
    thank you
    Julie
    :mad:

You have to file for eviction legally under California Law. If you throw her out you are committing a crime, particularly after a Judge has ordered that she does not have to leave without legal notice and procedure.
    juliegoodison Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2008, 10:47 PM
    So what do I do when I gave her another legal 3 day a quit notice with had a proof of service?
    Can I get in Small Claims Court to sue her for the unpaid rent?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2008, 06:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by juliegoodison View Post
    so what do I do when I gave her another legal 3 day a quit notice with had a proof of service?
    Can I get in Small Claims Court to sue her for the unpaid rent?

You start the eviction process all over again. After she's evicted (ordered to vacate), then you file in Small Claims Court.

I don't completely understand your question. Are you asking why it got thrown out of Court if you served her with a 3 day quit notice and had proof of service?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Evict Roommate that broke Roommate Agreement Lease? [ 3 Answers ]

I am on a month to month lease with my landlord for 6 years now, he says technically no lease though? I have a roommate that moved in 5 months ago that is being uncooperative and broke written rules in "our" roommate agreement contract. I am trying to get her to move out but she will not, talked...

My roommate is trying to evict me and I have nowhere to go! [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently living with a friend, in a house that she owns in Atlanta, GA. I have lived here since August 2007. I pay monthly rent, however, I have never signed a lease. Recently, she told me that she no longer liked living with me because I was loud, and she needed peace. She asked me to move...

Can I evict my roommate? [ 5 Answers ]

Can I evict my roommate who isn't paying the bills and who is abusing drugs? Buffalo New York is where I reside, his name is on the lease but I'm the primary person for he has bad credit and would not of been approved without me.

I need to evict my roommate [ 4 Answers ]

I own a 2 family house in Massachusetts and I live in the first floor unit with a new roommate. I didn't know him prior to him moving in. He moved in on April 1st and gave me the $500 rent money before I gave him the keys. Yesterday when I asked him for the rent money for May he told me that his...

How do I evict my roommate? [ 1 Answers ]

My roommate is not on my lease. We have been living together for about 5 months and he had paid rent once and never has paid the utilities. I have been letting it go because he lost his job and I gave him time to find a new one. However he has not even been looking. I have tried to be nice because...

View more questions Search