Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zzzdj33 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 07:58 AM
    Electric Heat/ cold air
    I use electric heat to heat my 1200 sq. home. Usually the therm. Is around 65 - 70, at night it is around 69, while sleeping under sheet & comfroter, we usually wake up hot, and
    Sweating (bed soaked from sweat), but when we remove the sheet. It is like the air in the room is too cold to do without the sheet. If I turn the heat lower it is cold in the other bedroom the entire time. Almost drafty. Is this just the nature of electric heat or a poorly insulated home. Help
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2006, 03:05 PM
    I would look at doors windows and insulation. Partially closing some registers to the warmest rooms can help to balance the heat in the cooler rooms. Whether it is gas, electric or oil furnace 69 degrees is still 69. Thermostats just go off the sensible heat in its area and turns on and off accordingly. If house is very dry it seems cooler, due to the fact perspiration dries faster the dryer the air is. A whole house humidifier is a big help in many homes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Heat-Pump-No heat [ 2 Answers ]

I had a wall-mounted unit installed in a room in may of this summer. In the middle of the night the heat shut off and has not come back on since. It is an Amana, electric heat with heat pump unit. The cooling works, the heating setting does not blow air at all. When I remove the cover it says...

Changing from gas heat to electric heat [ 3 Answers ]

How do you change from Apollo gas heating system to electric heating system?

Electric heat [ 6 Answers ]

I recently moved to a home with electric heat. I am not familiar with it. Is the air from the registers suppose to be more cool than warm, it is not cold but cool Debbi

Day & Night forced air heater keeps blowing cold air [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday my heater was working as normal. Today I replaced the filter in my Day & Night forced air heater. Later I bumped my thermostat when walking by it, but I'm not certain that this caused the problem. My heater turned on and blew hot air. I turned it all the way down, but the fan...

Cold Air is coming from my Carrier Gas Pack Unit and I need Heat [ 0 Answers ]

I have a carrier gas pack unit and the cooling part works properly. It's starting to get cold, so I turned on the heat, but only cold air blows out of it. I've contacted my gas company and they said there is no pilot light, so there is no way it could've gone out, and theytold me I should contact...

View more questions Search