Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    scakya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2006, 02:35 PM
    Nesting IF functions and formulas
    Hi, am a newby to this forum and have a problem. Am working on a payroll spreadsheet for a friend's business using If functions and have exceeded the seven it allows so am trying to break it out into formulas-which have forgotten how to do. Can somebody help? Thank you.
    scakya
    Mgaines Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 12, 2006, 08:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by scakya
    Hi, am a newby to this forum and have a problem. Am working on a payroll spreadsheet for a friend's business using If functions and have exceeded the seven it allows so am trying to break it out into formulas-which have forgotten how to do. Can somebody help? Thank you.
    scakya
    Are you using Excel? If so the best way to go is to create a custom function using the visual basic editor. You will need skills in VB language to do this. I can try and help you as much as possible as I've recently in the past few days had to write a program consisting of about 14 IF statements with 4 nesting in each. If you're not using Excel try and find out if there is a VB editor accompanied with the application.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nesting Bald Eagles [ 2 Answers ]

Kennedy Space Center Eagles KSC has quite a few pairs of nesting Bald Eagles. The most famous is a pair that return every year to nest in a pine tree about half way between the Vehicle Assembly Building (a massively huge structure) and Kennedy Parkway. Every year the KSC photography contractor...

Functions [ 7 Answers ]

Why would f(x) =pi/4x^3-sqrt2x+4 be classified as a polynomial? How would you determine the domain and range of y=x^4-4x^2? Assuming that the zeros of the function y=x^3+mx^2+nx+2 are integers how would you determine the values of m and n?? Thank you.

Evaluate formulas [ 6 Answers ]

evaluate: x^2+y^3 if x=2 y=-3 4+-27=-23 -------------------- pm^2-z^3 if p=1 m=-4 z=-2 (1)(-4^2)-(-2)^3=(1)(16)-(-8)=16+8=24 ------------------------------------- -x^2-y^3 if x=-3 y=-2 -3^2-2^3 -9-8=-17

PHP ftp functions [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to write a page to ftp files from my PC to my website. I am able to connect and log in using ftp_connect() and ftp_login(), but the ftp_put function won't work. What do I use as the values for the parameters? $upload= ftp_put($conn_id,$destination_file,$source_file,FTP_ASCII); if...

View more questions Search