Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RLConner Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2006, 12:38 PM
    Rewire phone line
    Hi,
    I am remodeling my garage into a living space. In order to add windows to my new living space I have to move the phone line in the wall. It goes through the middle of the proposed window. If I disconnect the line and move it down in the wall it will no longer reach the NID. It has to be longer. What is the best way to move the phone line so it will reach the NID?

Thanks,
    Robert L. Conner
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 4, 2006, 12:51 PM
    NID?

Why not just drop the line below to below the window. You can always use a longr cord to go from the wall jack to the phone.

If you need to, you can put a junction box, inside the wall and then run more cord to the wall jack.

Aug 4, 2006, 01:14 PM
    A NID is the box outside the house that connects the inside service to the outside telephone network. At least, that is my understanding. You may call it something else.
    The wire in question is the wire that goes from the NID to the junction box inside the house.
    What type of junction box would you recommend?

Thanks,
    Robert L. Conner
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 4, 2006, 03:14 PM
    Ahh I see. I refer to it as a network or terminal interface. Just go into Radio Shack and explain the problem to them. What you are talking about is a under $10 item.

Aug 4, 2006, 04:19 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks I'll do that tomorrow.
    Bob

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freeing up phone line [ 3 Answers ]

My grandson is saving for a computer this summer. They live in the country and do not have access to cable, so he would have to be connected through the phone line, which would tie it up. What is out there that he could purchase, to be able to use the computer without tying up the phone? Thank...

How to rewire a phone jack [ 4 Answers ]

I need some help. This house had at one time two different phone lines. We now have only one phone line working. I need to find out how to rewire one of the jacks that was hooked up to the other number. The phone company is going to charge us $120 to come out and do this, but they tell me that...

Rewire from 2 phone lines back to one line [ 7 Answers ]

Added line 2 for dedicated dial-up line. Now have DSL & don't need both lines. However, line 2 is wired to room with computer & line 1 has DSL. Can I go to box outside & rewire line 2 with line 1 & put all jacks in the house On line 1? Hope you understand what I am asking. Any help would be...

Neighbor stealing my phone line [ 12 Answers ]

I live in a trailer park, and realized someone that recently moved in some how is using my phone line is this illegal, they are making long distance calls,every time I'm using my phone I hear them picking up trying to use the phone which they don't pay for? Please someone help me how are they...

Rewire second phone line to main [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a second phone line for my computer, I am dropping the second line and getting DSL. How do I rewire that second line to my main line? Thank you.

View more questions Search