Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kat27 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2006, 10:12 AM
    Am I pregnant
    :confused:

I have been taking the pill since I was sixteen and my period always has been regular. I am about to be 28. In October I stopped taking the pill. My period was still regular just a week earlier. In December I had unprotected sex a few times. In January my period came but I only slighlty bled. Since that time I took two pregnancy tests and they have been negative. I have had no symptoms to make me think pregnancy. I do not know what to do. I have been under much stress this past month and even some of december-could this have an effect on my period. I am scared to death because I do not want a child by the guy I was seeing in December please help me.
    sarah11282 Posts: 54, Reputation: 7

Jan 25, 2006, 04:40 PM
    I don't think that you are pregnant if you took 2 pregnancy tests and both came up negative. And I know stress can delay a period. I think that you should visit your doctor and get a test done there that should put your mind at ease. And if it does come up positive then you will be able to decide what you want to do.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 25, 2006, 11:49 PM
    Kat27, your body and menstrual cycle was triggered by artificial hormones when you were on the pill. Now that your off the pill, it will take some time for it to regulate itself. So your body needs to learn how to bleed naturally again. It may take a few months for things to get back to normal. If your still concerned you should talk to your doctor.
    kat27 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2006, 08:34 AM
    Thanks for the advice
    I want to thank the ones of you who gave me advice on my problem. It has relieved my mind a lot. I am not so stressful about the situation as I was before. You all seemed to know what you were talking about -some advice was more in-depth than others and helped me to better understand a topic that I did not know as much as I thought I did about. Thank you all again for taking the time and sharing with a concerned individual.
    kat27:D
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 28, 2006, 12:37 AM
    Kat, thank you for that sweet PM. I wish you all the best and I'm keeping my fingers cross that everything goes well for you.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jan 28, 2006, 05:12 AM
    Dear kat, if you don't want to become pregnant yet, then please make sure that the men you share your body with respect you enough to use a condom.

Please remember the golden rule - when in doubt - always see your doctor!

There is a lot more than just a baby that you can wind up with unprotected, so please take good care of your body - it's the only one you've got and it would be a shame to end is so quickly.

Wishing you all the best, and just in case you might be, let us know and I will send you some links to sites that will help you through this.

Most important now though, is to see the doctor and get some tests done to make certain that you are still healthy.

Keep us posted, please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I pregnant? [ 44 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: please somebody tell me if this sounds like I am pregnant. I started with a thick whitey discharge that didn't smeel or itch Veins especially in my breasts started to show more Breasts look like they have grown slightly Feel fluey, stuffy nose all the time but...

Could I be pregnant? [ 10 Answers ]

Is it possible to be pregnant even with my period so irregular? My last period was January 2006, and I didn't have my period in Feb, and March, but I believe I conceived sometime in April. But I have been having all the symptoms, cramping, nausea, vomiting, my friends tell me my stomach is getting...

Can I be Pregnant? [ 9 Answers ]

I have 2 questions... I have taken a home pregnancy test and have come up negative. I am approximately 2 weeks late for my menstrual cycle. Could I be pregnant and they tests just not detecting the pregnancy hormone? Also, if I am not pregnant and I have just missed this month's period, can I still...

Pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I'm 22 and on feb 24 I had a reg period but in mar I came on early da 22 and it was barely any bleeding and it was light pink I used a panty liner the whole time now April I didn't come on until the 21st the same thing extra light and only for two days.I took 4 hpt's and all said negative do...

View more questions Search