Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkswma Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 12:39 PM
    h1b visa expires but I94 stamped on entry valid can I work?
    I just realised that apart from my H1b expiration a few months from today, the I94 stamped on my entry to the US is valid for nearly 5 months after my H1B expires, can I still work to that date then renew the visa?
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jun 24, 2010, 02:04 PM

What is the validity date on your I-797 approval notice? Does that correspond to the date on your I-94? If so, that is the expiration date of your H-1B employment authorization.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is old valid b1/b2 still valid travel doc if new h4 is stamped? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian citizen currently in the US on h4 visa valid until 1st Oct 2009. My husband is currently on an h1b. I also have a stamp of b1/b2 valid till 2013 (the stamp has not been cancelled or striked out) on my older passport. (both the visa's were stamped on my older passport, since...

Name correction in passport,visa and i94. [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.. I ve a problem with my name in my passport and hence in US visa its given as FNU in the first name and the same in the i94 as well.so the ssn was also issued as FNU but I could not get my drivers license because of FNU in the ssn.. so I started it by correcting it in the passport first which...

Two I94 forms with different dates ;which one is valid? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I wanted to know about legality of my and my husband's stay in usa. We have got two I94 forms with us. One when we returned from India on 1st dec 2008 and the other one which is mentioned on the petition of my husband's H1B extension till 08/20/2011. Now all we want to know that as per...

Check status of stamped H1B visa [ 1 Answers ]

I got H1B visa processed and stamped via Employer A in Nov 2006 in India. I left Employer A and have joined Employer B. Would like to know, is there a way to check the status of my H1B visa. FYI, I have never travelled using H1B visa. Quick response will be highly appreciated.

Wrong date stamped in my I94 - can affect my H1B? [ 5 Answers ]

I am currently in a L1 visa working for Company A. My L1 expires in August 2008 but the immigration officer wrote August 2009 in the I94 form. Company B has applied a H1B visa for and I won't the last lottery. My lawyer now says that the mistake in the I94 would generate some issues with my H1B...

View more questions Search