Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lemonlime Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 04:28 PM
    Transformer seems faulty
    What should I set the multimeter for testing the transformer and should I test the contacts or the wires going out
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 3, 2008, 04:53 PM
    That depends on what you intend to measure...
    Always first measure the input voltage (120 to 240 Volts AC - so use the 250 to 400 Volt AC range).
    If there is input voltage, than check the transformer for the intended output voltage (which depends on the circuitry connected to it). One you know, set the multimeter to that voltage range and measure the output voltage.

If you want to test the voltages to and from a transformer, you test on whatever is available. Some transformers have connectors or connector strips. At least it should be easy to measure the input voltage.

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transformer seems faulty [ 1 Answers ]

How do I check my transformer of my oil furnace unit working fine then just quit.I tried direct wire eliminating the t-stat however no results please assist

Faulty gas heater. [ 1 Answers ]

:mad: I have reported to the gas company a rotten egg smell coming from the room where my gas furnace is stored, they sent a technician out and he confirmed that there was a slight gas leak, and this happens when the furnace is on auto, and it shuts down but the valve doesn't close all the way,...

Gas heater faulty. [ 1 Answers ]

Valve on furnace stays open when heater shuts down , this causes gas to escape, could this be very dangerous, if not repaired immediately? The furnace is a plus-80 high efficiency gas furnace.

Faulty mouse or PC? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I seem to have a problem with either the mouse or PC. I wonder if someone could throw some light on it. If I click on something such as history or favourites I get a brief flash of the list and then it disappears so I have to click again sometimes up to 6 or 7 times before the list stays...

Faulty FSB [ 1 Answers ]

I have a server that blue screens when it starts to get into Windows Server 2003. The only perculiar thing is that it only does it when the FSB is set to 133MHz. If I turn it down to 100MHz it loads and runs fine. I am yet to try a BIOS upgrade on the motherboard as I am running a repair on the...

View more questions Search