Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harkplumb Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2020, 12:58 PM
    Tobacco Industry Law Suit
    My wife's father died of lung cancer at the early age of 55 back in the 1970's. He was a heavy smoker for years.
    My own father recently died at that age of 88 and was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer due to smoking. He also was a heavy smoker for several years.

I remember that several years ago the Tobacco industry was sued by the Federal government and I believe the tobacco industry was ordered to set aside millions of dollars to cover lawsuits by victims and families of victims.

I am wondering if there was any kind of statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit against the tobacco industry and also how to go about filing a lawsuit.

I have done research on line about this but cannot seem to locate any real information concerning my questions.

I'm wondering if there are any attorneys out there that see this site that can advise me regarding this issue.

Thank you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 10, 2020, 02:37 PM
    SOL laws vary from state to state but finding an actual attorney who specializes in tobacco litigation, or product liability in your town/state would have the answers you need. Google those lawyers and see if a call/text/email or chat can guide you to answers.
    harkplumb Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2020, 08:29 PM
    Thanks for your reply. What does SOL mean?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 21, 2020, 08:33 PM
    Statute of limitation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How does one respond to a quiet title suit where original owner in suit is deceased [ 7 Answers ]

Original owner named in suit and his heir to the small land lot (low value) are deceased. There have been 3 more owners since.

Tobacco tax [ 2 Answers ]

Is an out-of-state tobacco manufacturer subject to state tobacco excise tax for tobacco products sold in another state?

What stage of the industry lifecycle is the beverage industry in [ 4 Answers ]

What stage of the industry lifecycle is the beverage industry in ? I am running analysis to try to show this but I am coming up short . If anyone would like to take a stab at trying to figure this out your help would be greatly appreciated.

Tobacco prices [ 5 Answers ]

How much higher will cigarettes keep riseing.

Smoking tobacco [ 6 Answers ]

I have recently quit smoking cigarettes & as all you smokers will know, its very difficult. So in order to try make it a little easier, I have been smoking tobacco out of a hubbly at home. Its not as satisfying, but it helps. I was wondering if anyone can suggest some good flavours? I have tried a...

View more questions Search