Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donails4801 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2015, 05:02 PM
    What to do about underarm smell, have tried every deoderent
    What to do about underarm odor, have tried everything on market?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2015, 06:00 PM
    You still have to shower every day. Though good ones will work several days in a pinch.

Being I see DOZENS of different ones on the store shelves it would take a LOT of years to go through every brand, and format available. *spray, roll-on, stick, gel" I'll agree they don't all work that well, some are awful but some actually do very very well..

Have you tried the Arrid XX solid? Not the Extra, not the Gel.. not the spray. THe Arid XX.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Oct 7, 2015, 08:06 PM
    Have you tried any prescription brands recommended by your doctor? If you've tried every brand on the market and nothing works, I'd see a doctor.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 8, 2015, 12:33 AM
    First you need to try washing, morning and evening, (also if possible a light washing mid day (when possible)

But as noted, my friend had a issue and tried and tried dozens of products, and finally used a combination of some homeopathic mixtures. Although he found a few over the counter good for a few hours, and he applied several times a day
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 8, 2015, 04:27 AM
    What is your diet like? Many diets actually cause body odor, you may have to modify yours.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 8, 2015, 06:20 AM
    You may have a yeast or bacterial infection. Much as I hate anti-bacterial soaps, I have had good success with very tiny amounts of liquid unscented hand soap on a place behind one ear, and on my elderly dog, who was getting bare spots. We both responded almost immediately.

But if it's a yeast infection, you need anti-yeast treatments, totally different. You could try swabbing with peroxide after washing well. If nothing works, see a dermatologist. Or your regular doctor. A cream called Mycostatin is often prescribed.

A very pronounced infection is called intertrigo. It will have a beet red rash and ooze a horrible smelling liquid. It occurs in moist places that don't get a lot of air.
    Questionair Posts: 53, Reputation: 4

Oct 8, 2015, 07:17 AM
    Showering more frequently is a must, but also look into seeing a doctor of some sort. If over the counter brands aren't doing it for you, then there is not much we can do for you. Personally I use dove deodorant stick, works fine for me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Sewer with horriable smell of gas fumes and sour smell ,toilet smell.unit [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a low rental, had complained since I have moved in on, June,26/2010... have called city of winnipeg was told private property. Called the water waste line.. they did nothing and the smell is still in the unit. The development, was build in 2007.. the air vents where the heat comes from,...

I have a very, very dark underarm. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm also new here.. I don't know how to say this but I have to, to let you help me. Whoa. My very big problem is that I have a very,very dark underarm. I can't wear sleeve less blouses and because of that I can't join any contest or events in our school because of my very big problem. So if you...

Underarm problems [ 2 Answers ]

I think there are topics on this already, but they don't make sense when I read them because of all the computer shorthand, etc. so please be patient with me and answer the best you can ^_^ I'd appreciate it. Okay. I've had dark underarms since I was about 9. One day my mom noticed and was...

Dark underarm [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have dark underarms and I don't know how to whiten it up.. is there any home remedy I can use? Please help... thanks a lot!

Dark underarm [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem on my underarm. It's dark. I need a home remedy. Could you tell me what to do. Thanks a lot!

View more questions Search