Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atul patel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2008, 12:18 PM
    Landline phone repair
    My landline phone does not work.when I called the service provider phone co,they said the problem is inside the house. To fix the same they asking me to pay for the charges.
    parttime Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 113
    Ultra Member

Dec 16, 2008, 12:23 PM

And your asking what? Repairs to the line on the house side of the phone box is normally the responseiblity of the home owner. Is that what you wanting to know?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 16, 2008, 01:10 PM

Yes, and your question is?

Unless you purchased coverage though the service provider to cover the inside wiring, you have to pay if the problem is with that wiring or fix it yourself.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 11:48 AM

It could possibly be the wall connection box that needs changed out due to corrosion. This happens to my phones at this time of the year due to condensation. Try that.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 17, 2008, 11:56 AM

These days inside wiring problems you pay for. The telco has provided a box vcalled the NID outside the dwelling that allows you to TEST who's problem it really is.

You pull a modular plug, typically, and insert an KNOWN GOOD phone and see if you get dial tone and if there are any other problems.

A phone off the hook and bad connections, bad cord are typical problems.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 18, 2008, 06:09 AM

Call your house from a cell phone or another working phone, and see if it rings busy, or rings and rings.
    If it rings busy, line is shorted or phone off hook.
    If it rings and rings, it is open.
    Like above, use a good phone and line cord.
    Look at gold pins inside jack, shouldn't be Black or green.
    plylorna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 07:57 AM
    I have a radio shack land phone that needs repair. It is the phone itself that is not working and radio shack does not provide this service. Do you provide this type of service? Lorna .
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2011, 08:30 AM

Try a new Line cord first in a known working Jack.
    Ask your Local Electronics/Radio Shack Store of anyone they know that Tinkers with Electronics, You may get Lucky.
    returner3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2012, 01:17 PM
    I spilled water onto the keypad of my phone/answering machine. Is it fixable? The phone is out of production but really worked great as regards size and functionallity.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2012, 09:44 PM
    If it's just water, then your probably lucky you don't have to clean the keypad.

Unplug and remove any batteries and place in a sealed plastic bag with some uncooked rice for a few days.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Others get an echo from my landline phone [ 2 Answers ]

Other people get an echo on their phone when they call my landline phone. They also get is when I call them. This happens to others on their landlines and also cell phones, local and long distance calls. We have purchased 3 different phones but still there. Phone company did a test and said it is...

Landline phone wiring [ 6 Answers ]

Today, out of the blue, by home phone began to have problems with incoming calls. If you are calling the house, you will hear a partial ring, then lot's of static. Eventually the line will disconnect. If you are in the house and pick up the phone, after the initial partial ring, the call will...

My landline phone doesn't work when online [ 33 Answers ]

Is there something free that I can download that will tell me the calls I'm missing on my landline when online.

Landline phone DSLyes but no audio dial tone [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, All of a sudden (high wind weather went through the other night). Coincidence maybe. Now singlr line phone system has DSL that still works but audio / dial tone do not work. Unplugged all phones and plugged back in one at atime and still no dial tone. Opened box on out side and...

Humm on landline phone [ 4 Answers ]

I have a humm on my home landline phone. I have gone to the csu box on the side of my house and lifted the leads coming into my house. I go directly on the leads coming into the box from the telephone pole and still hear the humm. It gets worse when it rains. I have contacted my service...

View more questions Search