Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Proudmama Posts: 15, Reputation: 6

Sep 30, 2007, 01:07 PM
    I will try to do that some time. Thank you.
    chek101 Posts: 134, Reputation: 18

Sep 30, 2007, 01:11 PM
    [QUOTE=firmbeliever]Here's some more,
    Very different type of art!:

Sorry I hadn't gotten around to this till now, but between the new grand daughter and the new job, suddenly time became a rare commodity, here. My grand daughter "Lauren Jessica" is a little doll. See for yourself: picture below.

Regarding your artwork, I have to say I am impressed with your sense of flow and balance. Such gentle creations. I think the art fits the person and that is how I see you. I love it!! Don't ever stop. We need your softness!
    Attached Images

firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 01:17 PM
    Awwww... Chek,
    Your Gdaughter Lauren is beautiful!
    No wonder we do not hear from you often.
    New job and a little new life. Hope it gives new meaning to your life!:)

Thank you...

This little artist was in me 2 and a half years ago.:D
    Here is my daughter's attempt at watercolours!
    Attached Images

Sep 30, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Now you know why we artists are so often starving... the competition keeps getting younger and younger... LOL! The kid's got a good eye, there! Look out Mama!
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chek101
    Now you know why we artists are so often starving ... the competition keeps getting younger and younger ... LOL! The kid's got a good eye, there! Look out Mama!!
    :D
    Proudmama Posts: 15, Reputation: 6

Sep 30, 2007, 01:43 PM
    Hello Check, Your baby looks so cute.
    I got to go my baby is a wake now.
    Talk to you all latter.

Proud

Sep 30, 2007, 01:53 PM
    Firm and Proud,

:)

Cheeks so soft you can eat 'em with a spoon! She is too adorable.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 02:05 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/spirit...ul-131158.html

Chek,
    I wish you would write something here... about how you feel right now, with the birth of Lauren.

Sep 30, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Firm,
    There are some things I will not speak about even though they may be honest and sincere, and I know that there are many who will not like what I have to say. I view things differently than anyone I have ever met, so I have to assume I stand alone in my thoughts and views and as such am outside looking in. I am trying to fit in here, and it does seem to be working, but you have no idea how quickly I can change all that and it can go very wrong. There are no more curious minds, only angels with broken wings. And I don't have all that much patience anymore to deal with the so-called outraged rightious.
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2007, 02:57 PM
    I hear you Chek.

It is all personal choice, you may do as you wish.
    I just saw a different side of you when you talked about Lauren and I thought maybe she was what you needed right now.
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Oct 1, 2007, 04:43 PM
    firmbeliever, those watercolours actually look pretty good lolz!
    Ultra Member

Oct 1, 2007, 04:59 PM
    ;)
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Oct 1, 2007, 05:28 PM
    Firmbeliever, your so-called sketches are a work of art. Keep working at it.
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Thanks Met!
    I am not much of a finisher... I dabble and if I do not finish it in one sitting, it is hard for me to get back to it and finish it.
    I start something new again... :)
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 07:10 PM
    I loved the Henry Ward Beecher quote! I am relatively new to this site. I posted an inquiry earlier with great results.

I believe the need to create is innate in all of us whether it be painting, drawing, writing, pottery, metal work, communication, cooking (which is definitely not my forte) or other forms of creating because creating allows us to express what is inside of us, shows what we would like to experience or to get out of us the struggles and frustrations we feel. Creating gives us a way to share love or sometimes just a way to give others joy. Well, I am getting way too philosophical this evening. I paint, draw and write but like was mentioned above, I dabble in a lot of things. I admire those who possess a strong talent in one area and excel, however, I am not one of them. I want to try too many things to ever excel in one area. I enjoyed seeing the art above and appreciate this forum.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2007, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7
    I loved the Henry Ward Beecher quote! I am relatively new to this site. I posted an inquiry earlier with great results.

I believe the need to create is innate in all of us whether it be painting, drawing, writing, pottery, metal work, communication, cooking (which is definitely not my forte) or other forms of creating because creating allows us to express what is inside of us, shows what we would like to experience or to get out of us the struggles and frustrations we feel. Creating gives us a way to share love or sometimes just a way to give others joy. Well, I am getting way too philosophical this evening. I paint, draw and write but like was mentioned above, I dabble in a lot of things. I admire those who possess a strong talent in one area and excel, however, I am not one of them. I want to try too many things to ever excel in one area. I enjoyed seeing the art above and appreciate this forum.
    I am so glad that you posted! :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Thank you! I think I am going to enjoy this site very much. As I have scanned through some of the questions and answers, I see it is a diverse sight. Keeps life interesting!
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 12:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jrebel7

JR,
    Would love to see your work... :)
    Welcome from one dabbler to another!:p
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 04:45 AM
    Good Morning! I love working in pencil but dabbling as I do, I also enjoy painting on Ostrich Eggs, homegrown dipper gourds. I will be happy to post some of my work when I figure out how to do it. I tried the insert image and tried copying and pasting. Be patient with me, I will get it figured out.
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2007, 04:54 AM
    ;)
    You will figure it out JR.

Ostrich eggs and dipper gourd?
    Sounds very interesting, please do elaborate on how it is done.

Here are some tips to get the picture uploaded.

First edit the pictures to web page size.
    Then click Answer and on the same page a little lower you will find "Additional Options" and "manage attachements".
    Click the manage attachments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need the name of the artist [ 1 Answers ]

Who sings the song and/or the name of the song with the lyrics "tell me if you want me to"

Name of artist [ 1 Answers ]

its goes something like: it was me and you i thought we could nananana. something like that. HELP!:confused:

Where can an artist go... [ 1 Answers ]

Where can an artist go to interact with other musicians online? My girlfriend is an amazing singer/songwriter who also plays acoustic guitar but doesn't really know where she can find band members, etc. I was hoping that someone on here may know. She's got an amazing voice and can really put some...

Name the artist [ 2 Answers ]

I have just downloaded,f**k it(dont want you back) by eamon. I want to know the full name of his ex misses and the songs title she produced in reply to the above.

Need artist name [ 4 Answers ]

The song's name is Angel Its kind of a remake of madonna's It's a dance/electronica version

View more questions Search