Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2020, 04:53 PM
    Absolutely unforgivable that Trump didn't have 300 million test kits for testing this heretofore unknown virus already manufactured and stored away in secure warehouses in anticipation of this wholly unexpected day. What were they thinking??? It's right on the level of Roosevelt not having twenty or thirty fighter squadrons moved to Pearl Harbor on December 6th. Have they lost the ability to see into the future?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2020, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Absolutely unforgivable that Trump didn't have 300 million test kits for testing What were they thinking???
    Yup. The best defense is to spit out nonsense!

Oh, why was "this heretofore unknown virus already manufactured and stored away in secure warehouses in anticipation of this wholly unexpected day"?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2020, 05:11 PM
    here's a novel twist for the novel virus, supermarkets implement elderly hours, but you have to get there before regular opening hours., now if the held an elderly day that would make sense
    sorta like adult swim at the community pool. Where all the elders stand in circles chatting waist deep in water .
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2020, 06:49 PM
    Oh, why was "this heretofore unknown virus already manufactured and stored away in secure warehouses in anticipation of this wholly unexpected day"?
    That was a response to Tal's post. I was being sarcastic and probably needlessly. Still, do you think it is reasonable to have expected those test kits for a virus pandemic basically unheard of even three months ago to be have been in place by now?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2020, 07:02 PM
    That was a response to Tal's post. I was being sarcastic and probably needlessly. Still, do you think it is reasonable to have expected those test kits for a virus pandemic basically unheard of even three months ago to be have been in place by now?
    No, you missed my point. I was pointing out that the noun/subject "virus" and the predicate that follows don't belong together.

We have to watch and alert you school admins....
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2020, 07:16 PM
    I was pointing out that the noun/subject "virus" and the predicate that follows don't belong together.
    Wouldn't "kit" have been the subject and "for testing this heretofore unknown virus" a simple prepositional phrase? "Absolutely unforgivable that Trump didn't have 300 million test kits...already manufactured and stored away in secure warehouses."
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2020, 07:31 PM
    Wouldn't "kit" have been the subject and "for testing this heretofore unknown virus" a simple prepositional phrase? "Absolutely unforgivable that Trump didn't have 300 million test kits...already manufactured and stored away in secure warehouses."
    "Kits" is the direct object in that sentence. "Trump" is the subject; "did have" is the verb.
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2020, 07:36 PM
    I thought you said that "virus" was the subject? Even if that was the case, what action did "virus" take so as to have a predicate? It was not the "virus" that was "already manufactured and stored away, it was "kits". That's why I reposted it as "Absolutely unforgivable that Trump didn't have 300 million test kits...already manufactured and stored away in secure warehouses." Does that not make sense?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2020, 07:40 PM
    What was it that was going to be "manufactured and stored away", the virus or the kits?
    The kits, the direct object.

Didn't you learn in grade school how to diagram sentences?
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2020, 07:49 PM
    This was your reply. "I was pointing out that the noun/subject "virus" and the predicate that follows don't belong together." Well, there was no predicate that followed virus for which it could have been the subject. It was the kits that were to be already manufactured. I think you missed it on this one. Besides, a word can be BOTH a direct object AND a subject in a sentence. https://www.answers.com/Q/In_a_sente..._the_same_time

And for you to shame me by stating, "Didn't you learn in grade school how to diagram sentences?" How amazing for a committed liberal to do such a thing. My goodness!!!!! I fell out on the floor weeping. I'll have to go to some safe place and get counseling to get over such a disgrace.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 15, 2020, 07:52 PM
    Crazy question, but why didn't we start having test kits the same time as China and SKorea?
    Uber Member

Mar 15, 2020, 07:54 PM
    Crazy question, but why didn't we start having test kits the same time as China and SKorea?
    How do you know we didn't?
    Expert

Mar 15, 2020, 08:00 PM
    How do you know we didn't?
    Then where are they and why haven't they been used?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 15, 2020, 08:05 PM
    This was your reply. "I was pointing out that the noun/subject "virus" and the predicate that follows don't belong together." Well, there was no predicate that followed virus for which it could have been the subject. It was the kits that were to be already manufactured. I think you missed it on this one. Besides, a word can be BOTH a direct object AND a subject in a sentence. https://www.answers.com/Q/In_a_sente..._the_same_time

And for you to shame me by stating, "Didn't you learn in grade school how to diagram sentences?" How amazing for a committed liberal to do such a thing. My goodness!!!!! I fell out on the floor weeping. I'll have to go to some safe place and get counseling to get over such a disgrace.
    And you still haven't figured it out.

I'm not a committed liberal; I'm a commmitted grammarian!

Please diagram this sentence you posted earlier, or at least note parts of speech:

"Absolutely unforgivable that Trump didn't have 300 million test kits for testing this heretofore unknown virus already manufactured and stored away in secure warehouses in anticipation of this wholly unexpected day."
    Vacuum7 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2020, 02:57 AM
    I have a novel idea: China had a big jump on the U.S. BECAUSE THEY HAD ALREADY PLANNED TO INTRODUCE THIS VIRULENT VIRUS STRAIN FROM THEIR Wuhan biological weapons laboratory!

These are Godless ChiComs! Anyone who thinks that its not within their capacity to do something like this only has to look at what these vermin have done in the past.

And, this may have only been a "TEST RUN"....they may be planning something bigger. They will do anything to keep Trump from being reelected.

The U.S. media, for the most part, is a fifth column for the Chinese Liberation Army: they are Red China's APOLOGISTS! The Democrats, unfortunately, are complicit in assisting the Red Chinese efforts to disrupt the U.S. economy.....effectively, the Democrat Party has become a stooge and tool of the ChiComs.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 04:10 AM
    I'm not a committed liberal; I'm a commmitted grammarian!
    I think you are one of the most committed libs I know. And to be a committed grammarian, why did you misspell "commmitted"?

Please diagram this sentence you posted earlier, or at least note parts of speech:
    I'll let the "commmitted" grammarian do that. I'm pretty sure that the word "virus" was not the subject of the sentence as you said it was.

BTW, even though I'm convinced you were wrong in this instance, I most happily will agree that your knowledge of grammar is better than mine. When you asked if I had learned how to diagram a sentence in grade school, it made me laugh. I didn't learn much in school. When I went to college, that all changed, but I didn't get really clear on direct objects until I took Greek in Bible college at the age of 27. Had to learn it then.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 04:24 AM
    The U.S. media, for the most part, is a fifth column for the Chinese Liberation Army: they are Red China's APOLOGISTS! The Democrats, unfortunately, are complicit in assisting the Red Chinese efforts to disrupt the U.S. economy.....effectively, the Democrat Party has become a stooge and tool of the ChiComs.
    Vac, I don't think the dems are stooges for the Chinese. I think they have figured out that "free" has become a more important word than "freedom" for many of the American people. We have become such a dull and lazy people that many of us will gladly give up our freedom and the freedom of others in order to get some "free" stuff. When Geraldo seriously suggests that we print 200 billion dollars so we can "give" every American a thousand dollars, then you know that we have gone quite a ways down the trail of stupidity. I pray we have not gone too far.
    Uber Member

Mar 16, 2020, 05:06 AM
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2020, 05:12 AM
    Never fear Australia is here!
    we have found the cure and it was right here all the time

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...2c5e51706accb5
    researchers in Queensland have found the cure drugs already known and tested
    Expert

Mar 16, 2020, 05:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Then where are they and why haven't they been used?
    Guess I'll have to answer my own question.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...failure-123166

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a man utter Three Talaq in one sitting - is Talaq granted in Islam ? [ 2 Answers ]

"Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem" I am a privet employee by profession. I am married for 4 and half years and Al-hamdulillah, I have a 2 and half years old little daughter. I am a Sunni Muslim from Bangladesh . Only we three are in the home (me, my wife and our daughter). This happened 10 days...

I was arrested for utter forged/ and 3 deg grand theft what will happen in court [ 21 Answers ]

I was caught up in a check scam and did not know about it, I tried to cash a check at the bank but was stopped and told that the check was stolen. The police were called but I was let go. I was sent a check in the mail by another person and tried to cash it and again was told it was stolen. Mind...

I have been charge for fraud under 5000 and utter a fraud documents, [ 4 Answers ]

I have been charge with fraud under 5000 and utter fraud documents,the police said that I transfer a car into someone name with out there permision.I told them I had the car selling and a family friend wanted it to buy, so we agree on a price they told me to transfer the car in there name and ...

Do we have to say talaq or any other we can utter [ 2 Answers ]

Pleaes tell me if a husband fighting with his wife, during fight he said to her (tere mera silsila hatam) your & my relation finish, so please let me know, is it possible saying these words divorce can occured/take place?? Or we have to say "talaq" word then divorce will take place? Please...

Jedi-ism, Foolishness or curiousness? [ 13 Answers ]

Yes, I know. Jedi's are not real, that we know of, in our univers. And The force was really created by George Lukcus by studying other religions, especailly Budhism, and so one. But what if we ignore the story, drop the illusion and see the relevance?? Ok, so we may not have Light...

View more questions Search