Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragonfly11 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2006, 02:32 PM
    Flash ActionScript
    I am building a flash movie. So far I'm able to create the buttons and play the sceens. Unfortunately, I need the user to click on the button which takes me to frame 2, but I need it to stop on frame 15, yet it keeps playing the scene until frame 85 which is the last frame. I have some course material from a class I took a while ago, and their file does this. Once you click play, it plays the short scene from fram 1 to 15. I can't figure out how they did it...

Please help!
    rudi_in Posts: 251, Reputation: 45

Jun 17, 2006, 04:30 PM
    Thank you for posting your question to the Ask Me Help Desk.

Have you tried creating a new layer and placing a stop action in frame 15?

I find it helpful to keep all of the actions in one layer named 'actions' and place the codes at the various frames where I need them.
    dragonfly11 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2006, 08:04 AM
    Thanks Rudi - I was able to figure it out after looking at the exercise file from school more closely and you're right.

Thanks for your help and prompt reply :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help! Need help making movies with flash macromedia flash pro 8 [ 23 Answers ]

Help! I need to animate this movie sort of like a cartoon for example if I wanted a stick man ( example) and I want it to throw a stick then run. This is very hard because I make the man and I have to modify and modify every slide s the man can like move his hand. There must be an easier way. Need...

For actionscript pro. [ 2 Answers ]

I despretly need help I'm trying to make a crossword game in flash and I can't!! Because I need the actionscript code so... If any body can give me a sample or give me a website that has one I'll be so grateful Thank you

Flash [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone point me to a website that explains flash, easy to run through tutorials, etc. Found a few sites but they generally want me to pay before I can get too far and realise the potential. I have done a few websites and realised that limitations of HTML and Javascripts.

Flash - .swf file [ 3 Answers ]

What software should I need to use for open this kind of files, and how can I make my own .swf file, where can I get an example of the file, and what kind of code used for this kind of file.

Flash Mx [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am using flash mx and I am having difficulty using it. Could you please recommend a tutorial that is easy to follow. Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search