Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    srinibash_moharana Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2006, 10:52 PM
    Cannot Install Red Hat Linix Ent. Ed.
    Hi... Everybody

I want to install Red Hat Linux Ent. Ed.10.0, but I've already installed Windows Media Center Ed. On C: , which is in NTFS partition. Is there any way to dual boot these two OSes without changing my partition type.

Help me Out...

Srinibash
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Aug 25, 2006, 03:26 AM
    You can't install RH on NTFS. NTFS file system support in Linux is still experimental.

What you can do, however, is install VMware (Free) on your NTFS machine and then install RH as a guest OS inside VMware.

Hope that helps.

Casey

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter fan to install [ 1 Answers ]

Opened perfectly good operting hunter fan to install hampton remote... I am lost. (hamptom remote is to be compatible with hunter fan?? ) From ceiling I hv blk/red/white & grnd Remote has blk to motor... blue (light) to motor and white to motor Only...

Install win xp pro from hdd [ 7 Answers ]

How to install WIN XP PRO from HDD?

Can't install AOL [ 5 Answers ]

I cannot install AOL. I've uninstalled AOL. I've installed with a new 9.0 optimized disk and run through the entire installation process until the very end when a window comes up that asks if I'd like to install the AOL files needed to complete the process. I choose yes and then another window pops...

New shower install [ 3 Answers ]

I want to install a shower in a room next to where there is an existing toilet and sink. My question is on venting the new shower. I have access to the basement area, can I hook up the shower drain to the existing sink drain in the basement area. Will this properly vent the new shower? The...

View more questions Search