Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2010, 12:24 AM
    Had exper. With the {EdenPURE-Quartz Infrared portable HEATERS}
    THE heaters that are being advertised on TV AND through the US mail.ARE they as good and SAFEand LESS COST FOR HEATING THE HOME?? ; Thanks for your answers;; FLYING BLUE EAGLE
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 18, 2010, 05:20 AM
    All electric heaters are 100% efficient so it makes NO difference what brand you buy. The energy savings if any come from only heating one room of the home instead of the whole house as your central furnace does. The units you are talking about amount to nothing more than a electric space heater just like the Amish fireplace units. You can save energy with you regular central furnace by having it serviced, check and install a clean air filter and lowering the temperature in your home. The lower the temperature the more energy savings. BTW Most areas have a rather high electric rate per KW that is why it is also better to have a heat pump if you are going to use electric heat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable heaters [ 2 Answers ]

I have a finished basement room underneath my attached garage. I am looking for the best type of portable heater for this room. (No kerosene or anything flammable) Can anyone recommend a good economical portable heater.

Quartz before it's Quartz [ 2 Answers ]

What kind of rock is quartz before it is quartz? And if a quatz rock isn't cracked open, what would it look like on the outside?

Landlord provided plug-in portable electric heaters, is that legal? [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord provided me with plug-in portable electric heaters for my heat. Is that legal or does he have to turn the oil heat on as well? I'm freezing my butt off. The apartment is 3,000sq ft and I have 5 portable heaters. I live in PA

Rose quartz [ 2 Answers ]

How can I use my rose quartz ? What is the meaning of rose quartz ?

Portable DVD player - portable battery [ 3 Answers ]

We're getting ready to take a long trip (air mostly) with the kids, and have purchased two Sony FX810's for their use. The battery's are new, and in good shape, I let them each use the players ONE day to see how long the life was, and we got about 2 1/2 moves out of them - or roughly 5 hours as...

View more questions Search