Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadyDB Posts: 90, Reputation: 5

Jan 11, 2010, 03:41 PM
    (Hispanic?) film with a man who poisons a village with a drink
    This is an old movie, it has to be. Maybe 70's? 80's? I saw it ages ago in the 90's. It's possible it's in Spanish, but I don't remember.

I remember only key scenes.

One was a man... maybe two men, hiding in tall, golden grass (wheat?) because I think they escaped from the place with the "tyrant" (we'll dub the "villain" that since I don't really recall anything 'bout him).

Another scene is... I believe the "tyrant", who is this old I believe Hispanic guy, kind of controls a village or maybe he owns the place where all the people live, or maybe he's even a religious guy with a cult. I don't remember.

But he had all these people that listened to him. And I remember the scene is that he's sitting on I think a porch and all the people, men women and children, are there, and he tells them all to toast or something... or it might be he even told them the drink is poisoned, but everyone drinks it and everyone dies.

That's all I got, thank you.
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jan 11, 2010, 04:19 PM

Sounds like Guyana Tragedy: The Story of Jim Jones
    LadyDB Posts: 90, Reputation: 5

Jan 12, 2010, 12:08 PM

That's got to be it. Going to rent it, thank you so much. ^0^
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jan 14, 2010, 01:58 PM

You're welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Film with a man shrunk and injected into another man? [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone no the film I'm talking about where a man is shrunken and is in a syring and then gets injected into someone else, think he goes round the other mans body in a little spaceship type thing.

Old film about poor shoeshine boy befriended by rich man [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to title of film about poor black boy who shines shoes to earn money to feed his family but it only feeds his mothers drug habit, a man who owns a restaurant lets him shine shoes in the restaurant for a while but catches him stealing (food I think, can't quite remember) and tells him to...

When a Man Offers a Woman a Drink [ 28 Answers ]

If a man offers to buy you a drink and you're not interested in him, is it appropriate to accept it? If you are only slightly interested, but you are curious enough to accept his introduction and a little small talk, do you have to stay with him until you finish that drink? What if you...

Dead man walks to music-anyone know what film this is? [ 2 Answers ]

This is a film we saw on very late night tele years ago but we can't remember what its called.It had a dead guy who started walking whenever music was played-he walked in a funny way with his head back (coz he was dead,obviously).There were 2 guys who were controlling/following him because the dead...

Film where man stabbed in back with pen [ 2 Answers ]

Does anybody know the name of a film where a man (I think that its joe pesci) is signing a contract on mans back, then he stabs him in the back with the pen dotting an I or false stop?

View more questions Search