Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sbeardbunch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 07:07 PM
    How do I repair Windows XP without deleting my files?
    HI! My computer is trying to die I think. When I sat down to do some work, it had a black screen and said that there was an error with the windows OS. I searched for repairs on another computer, but none of them worked. My computer won't let me repair the windows file. I do not want to delete all my files. Someone please help!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2008, 07:38 PM
    A repair installation should work for you
    A Repair Install will replace the system files with the files on the XP CD used for the Repair Install. It will leave your applications and settings intact, but Windows updates will need to be reapplied.
    A Repair Install will replace files altered by adware and malware, but will not fix an adware, malware problem.

Perform a Repair Installation
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2008, 03:57 PM
    Have you tried to get into safe mode?
    What happens when you turn on your computer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacement or repair of casement windows [ 18 Answers ]

Our house is in need of replacement or repair of several casement windows. I'm looking for information on quality contractors in the Wichita, Kansas area. If not specific contractors, things to look for in contractors. I am extremely suspicious about most contractors and it is very difficult to...

Windows 98se cab files [ 1 Answers ]

Windows 98 se cab files I have two cab files which are corrupt Namely Drivers14 and win98_56 Where can I get copies of these files on the intenet? Thank you.

Opening Stuffit files in Windows [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a Windows program that will open Stuffit (.sit) files?

Deleting PS2 game files [ 5 Answers ]

OK, here's the deal. I was playing this game on my PS2 and I saved when I forgot I wasn't supposed to. Is there a way for me to delete just part of a game file without deleting the whole thing, kind of like going back in time? Thanks!

Deleting/uninstalling old MS Windows? [ 4 Answers ]

Unfortunately I have had to reinstall MS Windows twice and now have three copies on my hard drive, can anyone tell me how to effectively delete/uninstall the two older copies not being used from my hard drive without upsetting the root system?

View more questions Search