Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TUM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Can not figure out my wireless network password, I have a router and wireless network
    I have wireless network through, router.
    My wireless network password is saved on my laptop.
    My brother wants to use his laptop in my home using my wireless network, I know my ip address how do I give him password and key I have forgotten
    The Rev Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 08:22 PM

If you need the password to connect to the network, not for the router itself (for the settings), then just log into the IP address for the router (192.168.0.1 for a Linksys), then eneter the default username and password for the router configuration (easily found in the instruction book or via a search online).

Once there, you need to find the Wireless Security settings for the router via the tabs at the top of the screen, and look for the WEP or WPA password. They should be listed there, with the key that you will need to enter for the laptop your brother is using.
    luckylibran05 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2012, 02:39 AM
    Hi..
    1)go to start-> run->cmd->ipconfig
    2) Note down the default mask say 192.168.1.1 and enter it to address bar
    http://192.168.1.1
    3)U see router page
    Enter user name and password say admin,admin
    From side bar take wireless-> security-
    4)you can see WPA shared key,u can see a link saying click here to display..
    5)thsi displays the network security key for wireless modem..
    :):)

If not call up the administrator.. :P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to check your Password on wireless network [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I want to know how I can check my password on my wireless rouder. I had someone install it from a store and I wasn't availabel so he had given My password to my sister but she doesn't remember it what should I do?

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

My wireless network [ 1 Answers ]

My laptop crash and I put windows back on and now my laptop does not show that I have a wireless network anymore. How do I fix it

Not on college network, my computer says it cannot detect wireless network?Belkin [ 2 Answers ]

I took my Dell laptop with me to college and used a cable to hook it up in the dorm. When I came back for the holidays my parents had gotten a new wireless card (BELKIN) for their laptop but said that they didn't change anything else. My computer used to run wireless at this home and my parents...

How to set up a wireless network. [ 3 Answers ]

So I wish to set up a wireless network to enable both a PS3 (which I have) and a PVR (which I am about to purchase) to stream media from my laptop. I am a massive noob in this area so any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the equipment I have: Laptop, which has neither internal...

View more questions Search