Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nita4350 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 07:32 AM
    Adding father name to child birth certificate
    I want to add my son's father name to his birth certificate. And I also want to add on father's last name to my son. When already had an DNA test done and it was determine that he was the father. How do I go about doing this?
    alwaystrue Posts: 20, Reputation: 5

May 21, 2008, 01:27 PM
    Both of your have to go down to department where you get a birh cetifate and take the test results, just in case, and add his name. I not sure what state your in but you can call any hospital in your area and they should be able to tell you where to go. Also a fee is involved in NY its $300. How old is the child because here they give you a grace period without charge after the child is born, but call the hospital.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2008, 01:47 PM
    You did not say where you are at, the procedures may very, first check with the state department that issues the birth certificate, in some states you will have to go to family court and get the judge to order the change
    tinaangelmarie Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2012, 10:43 AM
    I am 25 and was wanting to add my father to my birth certificate there was never any paternity but I know he is my dad can I do it with out Paternity?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adding father's name to birth certificate [ 10 Answers ]

What's the process for adding a name to a birth certificate years after the child is born?

Adding name to birth certificate [ 2 Answers ]

How do I have my name put on my daughter's birth certificate? Paternity was acknowledged at her time of birth, the mother and I were never legally married, my daughter does have my last name yet on birth certificate, yet it states 'Information not Entered'. I do not understand how it can state...

Adoption and adding adopted father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting married in a few weeks and my soon to be husband is wanting to adopt my son. My son's birth certificate doesn't have a father's name on there, just mine. I was wondering if my husband's name could be added on to my son's birth certificate. I appreciate anyone's help. Thanks!

Changing child's Name and adding Father to Birth Certificate- Texas [ 5 Answers ]

I am the father of a 3 year old son. My name was not put on the birth certificate. His mother has since died and I gained full custody through court. I had to submit a DNA to prove I was the father to get custody. My question is this, how can I get my name on his birth certificate and have his...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search