Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mlbonly Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2007, 08:44 AM
    My Emancipation
    Hi, my name is myranda. I'm on this site to find out some information about emancipation. I'm in New Mexico and I'm in an abusive live style and I need to get out of this whole thing. I'm 16 and will be 17 in August. Any help would be fablous!! I know that I'm ready to be in the adult life because I have a job, an apartment (I share rent with my mother), I'm having a child and I already have one, I'm engaged, and I really need not to be in this kind of life style. So if any one can help that would be great! Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 8, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Welcome Myranda, I have moved your post to the Family Law section where it will be seen by the appropriate members. The Introductions board is basically just to introduce yourself, not to ask questions.

We have some wonderful knowledgeable people here who I am sure will be checking in shortly to give you some advice about your situation.
    sexymami001 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbonly
    Hi, my name is myranda. I'm on this site to find out some information about emancipation. I'm in New Mexico and I'm in an abusive live style and I need to get out of this whole thing. I'm 16 and will be 17 in August. Any help would be fablous!!! I know that I'm ready to be in the adult life because I have a job, an appartment (I share rent with my mother), I'm having a child and I already have one, I'm engaged, and I really need not to be in this kind of life style. So if any one can help that would be great! Thanks
    Yes, you are in a situation where emancipation is defently an option so yes you should go for it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 26, 2007, 09:55 AM
    You need to talk to the family services agency in your area. They will advise you on your eligibility and the process. It varies from area to area.

But, frankly, I think you need more than emancipation. You don't define what you mean by an abusive life style. Seems to me that a lot of your life style is of your own making (unless the children were the result of rape).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need some emancipation... [ 4 Answers ]

My cousin wants to get out of her house (one way or another), and live with her dad. Of course, her parents are divorced. So, should she emancipate or get her dad to go to court? Also, she's 14, soon to turn 15 in July. She says she wants to get out as soon as possible. We live in Georgia, and I'm...

Emancipation [ 4 Answers ]

OK I'm going to be 16 in like 8 months I haven't lived with my parents for the past 2 years. I have been living with my grandparents. Im not at their house very much I pretty much only sleep and shower here. So would it be easy for me to get the courts to emancipate me when I turn 16?I have a job...

Emancipation at 16 [ 4 Answers ]

My name is Miranda and I am 16 years old from Rapid City, South Dakota. I've lived between 3 family members (mom, dad, and aunt) throughout my entire life. I mentally and emotionally can not deal with my family anymore. I was wondering if I could become emancipated without either of my parents...

Emancipation [ 2 Answers ]

How old does a minor have to be in the state of Indiana to emancipate themselves?

Emancipation [ 4 Answers ]

I need help my best friends want away from there parents and their under 18 I want to take them but we don't know how 2 do it... help me!

View more questions Search