Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2018, 12:22 PM
    Me I would'n't be stupid enough to do it unless I had guarantees of admission . Even then I would go to the American embassy in Honduras and make my claim and file my application there ....many fewer miles to walk. I want to hear their asylum case because I don't believe they have one . Poverty is not criteria for granting asylum. They are not being persecuted . Why weren't they walking to America before a conservative was elected President of Honduras . I have already traced the funding for you so you know that these poor folks are being used
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 12:27 PM
    Yes, Honduras is such a lovely place to live! (But the way mass murders have been increasing in number in this country, Honduras might be the place to move to.)

"Crime in Honduras concerns how in recent years Honduras has experienced very high levels of violence and criminality.[1] Homicide violence reached a peak in 2012 with an average of 20 homicides a day.[2] Cities such as San Pedro Sula and the Tegucigalpa have registered homicide rates among the highest in the world. The violence is associated with drug trafficking as Honduras is often a transit point, and with a number of urban gangs, mainly the MS-13 and the 18th Street gang." (Wikipedia)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 12:30 PM
    The mistake immigration hardliners make is that progressives are for open borders. That's not true, and personally I was originally against a fence years ago, but that ship has sailed. We have a fence. We also have the ability to process more people humanely and orderly if not for the lack of will to do so, opting instead for military? That's ridiculous. You need workers? Simple, let the ones who need them process and provide so they can work. Employer responsibility, why NOT.

I see no reason where sanctuary cities and feds should be adversaries, again just supply a humane process for these helpless people. If you don't know how to count heads and manage the work force, you're in the wrong business anyway an should be replaced by someone who can do the job. I mean think about it a minute, using strongarm police state tactics is totally unnecessary, and that's really the problem in that a climate of fear and intimidation creates those scared desperate counter tactics which make the problem worse not better.

The solution is really simple, get rid of those macho conservative men and replace all of them with smart efficient females who know how to deal with desperate afraid helpless men women and children and FAMILIES! This is a Christian nation so how about proving it! Forget what the dufus is doing... @JL... what would Jesus do... show me!
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2018, 12:38 PM
    Crime in Honduras concerns how in recent years Honduras has experienced very high levels of violence and criminality.[1]Homicide violence reached a peak in 2012 with an average of 20 homicides a day.[2] Cities such as San Pedro Sula and the Tegucigalpa have registered homicide rates among the highest in the world. The violence is associated with drug trafficking as Honduras is often a transit point, and with a number of urban gangs, mainly the MS-13 and the 18th Street gang." (Wikipedia)
    When are you going to flee Chi-town and make refugee claims with Canada ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 12:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    The solution is really simple, get rid of those macho conservative men and replace all of them with smart efficient females who know how to deal with desperate afraid helpless men women and children and FAMILIES! This is a Christian nation so how about proving it! Forget what the dufus is doing... @JL... what would Jesus do... show me!
    Oh, my! I think I love you!!!!! Jesus does too!!!
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2018, 01:36 PM
    Since, so far as I can tell, you don't accept what Jesus said to begin with, why would it interest you to know what Jesus would have done?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jlisenbe View Post
    Since, so far as I can tell, you don't accept what Jesus said to begin with, why would it interest you to know what Jesus would have done?
    Wow!!!! WWJS!!!! Oh, He did, Matthew 7:1 (NIV): "Do not judge, or you too will be judged."
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2018, 02:17 PM
    Yes, He said that. So are you judging me?

Wondergirl, I don't like playing games. This is all too serious for that. If we are going to believe what Jesus said, then we have to take all of it. As far as I can tell, most of the posters here do not believe that Jesus is going to judge people at the end of this age despite the fact that He very plainly said He would. On the basis of that I asked Tal a question, and you say I am judging. But if asking a question is judging, then your post is judging, and you are guilty of what you seem to be accusing me of doing. Asking questions and quoting Jesus does not amount to judging.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 03:20 PM
    you say I am judging
    JL: "so far as I can tell, you don't accept what Jesus said to begin with"
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2018, 03:39 PM
    Since you didn't answer, I'll ask again. Are you judging me?

If I misread Tal, he will let me know. That's why I stated, "so far as I can tell". If you had posted the entire sentence, you might have noted the question mark at the end. It seems a little shady to me to post only a part of what was plainly a question.

Wondergirl, since you are following Christ, then you have, as do I, a responsibility to tell people the truth, even if it disagrees with the culture, our politics, our comfort, or whatever. I do not want to stand before Christ someday and find that I fudged on the truth.

I only say that to let you know where I come from on this. I never wish to hurt anyone's feelings or come across as rude, but more than that, I want to be honest and relay the truth of God as best I can.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 04:08 PM
    Since you didn't answer, I'll ask again. Are you judging me?
    No.

If I misread Tal, he will let me know. That's why I stated, "so far as I can tell". If you had posted the entire sentence, you might have noted the question mark at the end. It seems a little shady to me to post only a part of what was plainly a question.
    There were two complete sentences connected by a conjunction. The first independent sentence was a judgment.

Wondergirl, since you are following Christ, then you have, as do I, a responsibility to tell people the truth, even if it disagrees with the culture, our politics, our comfort, or whatever. I do not want to stand before Christ someday and find that I fudged on the truth.
    You are proving the Bible is true by quoting from the Bible. Is that the way to do it?
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2018, 04:19 PM
    The first independent sentence was a judgment.
    You're splitting hairs. Either you judge me as being judgmental or you don't. Which one is it?

It was not two sentences. It was two independent clauses joined by a conjunction which made one sentence. As a former librarian I have to believe you already know that.

You are proving the Bible is true by quoting from the Bible. Is that the way to do it?
    We are not talking about the Bible being true right now. We are talking about believing the words of Christ.
    Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 04:27 PM
    Just want to add to my data base, and your view is valued and important to me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 04:27 PM
    It was not two sentences. It was two independent clauses joined by a conjunction which made one sentence. As a former librarian I have to believe you already know that.
    I'm a former teacher and am a freelance editor. An independent clause is a complete sentence with a subject and verb. I was focusing on the first independent clause in your compound sentence.
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2018, 04:34 PM
    Just want to add to my data base, and your view is valued and important to me.
    I appreciate that comment. You know I value our discussions. As to what Jesus said, I don't think that He ever commented on a situation like exists with the crowd of people heading north in Mexico. Of course it goes practically without saying that we are to love people. I'm not sure how loving it is to assist them in getting to the border only to say, "You cannot cross without breaking the law, so we are turning you away." Now if a church or an individual wants to assist a legal immigrant, then that is a great thing to do. I just don't see an endorsement for Jesus for our government to ignore our laws and let people in at any time. How we are to explain that to those who are going through the legal process is a mystery to me.
    Expert

Nov 9, 2018, 04:40 PM
    There is a LEGAL process for asylum. Is it their fault WE cannot apply it? I'm sure between Mexico and the US, food and shelter for weary travelers would be the thing Jesus would approve of as the process worked. Seems as many times as it's happened in the past we would just know what's needed, especially given EVERYBODY knew they were coming.
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2018, 04:42 PM
    I'm more interested in what Jesus would want me to do . And that is my call and my consequences . I'm called to do greater works than he did . But I don't know how that is possible .I pray I do the right things .
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2018, 05:19 PM
    I'm more interested in what Jesus would want me to do . And that is my call and my consequences . I'm called to do greater works than he did . But I don't know how that is possible .I pray I do the right things .
    You and me both.
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2018, 05:58 PM
    I'm sure between Mexico and the US, food and shelter for weary travelers would be the thing Jesus would approve of as the process worked.
    That's what our problem is. Everyone expects the government to take care of things. That would be the same government that is more than 22 trillion dollars in debt. If people feel that strongly about it, then they need to take their own funds and go help out.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2018, 07:50 PM
    That's what our problem is. Everyone expects the government to take care of things. That would be the same government that is more than 22 trillion dollars in debt. If people feel that strongly about it, then they need to take their own funds and go help out.
    It is obvious your government has no funds to deal with this issue, having wasted its funds in various ways. A government that cannot balance its budget doesn't need more mouths to feed, cloth, house and help. A dose of reality has dissended upon you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trump Foundation Sued, Trump A Crook - NY Attorney General [ 19 Answers ]

Blatant illegal dealing by the "art of the deal" self-proclaimed "genius". First there was the fraudulent Trump University which Colludin' Donald had to pay $25 million to settle. Now it's the equally fraudulent Trump Foundation that the New York Attorney General is suing. This...

"If Trump Shot Comey", Trump's Lawyer Giuliani's Latest Bizarre Hypothetical [ 24 Answers ]

As the Republican Party rapidly changes America into a Banana Republic, Trump's lawyer sinks into absurdity after absurdity. In an attempt to assure that Trump is above the law and cannot be prosecuted, interviewed, or any way hindered in any way he does not wish to be hindered, the unhinged...

Left my girlfriend, want her back. Can't until she sees things clearly. [ 1 Answers ]

Made a mistake of breaking up with my girlfriend. I'm 24 she is 34, age does not affect me and her. I left because she was pushing herself away because she is jaded from past experience. I've been working through this for some time now, I love her more than anything. With her everything is black an...

My child sees things [ 5 Answers ]

My 8 year daughter has been sleeping with me since my husband and her watched a scary movie, before that she was sleeping in her own bed. I tried putting her in her own bed last night and she told me that she is scared she sees fuzzy floaty things. They don't talk they just float around and watch...

View more questions Search