Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    charlestongirl304 Posts: 5, Reputation: 3

Oct 16, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Black Shadow Figure in my House
    Help please! I have been living in this house for 2 years and all of a sudden in the past 4 months or so, I have seen this black shadow figure peeping and looking at me from the corner of my bedroom door in the hallway, it is there long enough for me to see it, I can't see any eyes, but it is a human figure, but completely black and like a shadow. I have also seen a short woman figure floating by my room. I only see these figures at my bedroom door in the hallway and in my kitchen, please what are they and how do I get rid of them? And why is it happening now all of a sudden?
    SDRAWKCAB-SDRAWROF Posts: 77, Reputation: 7

Oct 16, 2007, 11:56 AM
    Ok firstly is there anything beside your doorway that could cast a shadow like that?
    (That would be the logical explanation) However, has anything significant happened in the last four months to perhaps have caused a disturbance in your house?

Oct 16, 2007, 11:58 AM
    No, there is nothing there to create a shadow, I have checked that out, and also nothing has happened.

Oct 16, 2007, 01:08 PM
    Hmm, I don't know what to suggest then.. if for example this was an actual person, do you know of any history in the house or of your family?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 16, 2007, 01:24 PM
    You maybe seeing shadow people. More and more people are seeing them. They say it could be something to do with decrease of your periferial vision or they could be from another dimension. They only last from a second or to the point you try to look directly at them. Most people say they wear a hat. I have been seeing a shadow cat in my house lately.

Shadow people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oct 16, 2007, 01:31 PM
    No no one has died in the house, and it was built in the late 50's. Also thanks to the info on the shadow people.

Oct 16, 2007, 01:45 PM
    I would suggest going to an optician then, just to be certain that there is nothing wrong with your peripheral vision.

Oct 16, 2007, 01:49 PM
    Okay, thanks. But I don't believe it is my vision. I see very clearly.
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Oct 17, 2007, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    You maybe seeing shadow people. More and more people are seeing them. They say it could be something to do with decrease of your periferial vision or they could be from another dimension. They only last from a second or to the point you try to look directly at them. Most people say they wear a hat. I have been seeing a shadow cat in my house lately.

Shadow people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Please tell me you're not serious...
    lobrobster Posts: 208, Reputation: 26

Oct 17, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlestongirl304
    Help please!! I have been living in this house for 2 years and all of a sudden in the past 4 months or so, I have seen this black shadow figure peeping and looking at me from the corner of my bedroom door in the hallway, it is there long enough for me to see it, I can't see any eyes, but it is a human figure, but completely black and like a shadow. I have also seen a short woman figure floating by my room. I only see these figures at my bedroom door in the hallway and in my kitchen, please what are they and how do I get rid of them? And why is it happening now all of a sudden?
    It's obviously a shadow of some sort created by something either in your room or in the hallway. The brain is very good at finding familiar shapes in abstract images. Just look at all the faces and things you can see in the clouds. This is especially true if you are in a groggy or sleepy state as one would expect in a bedroom.

Try altering the light source in your bedroom and/or kitchen. Close or open a shade, or another door. Trust me... It's nothing paranormal.

Oct 18, 2007, 07:30 AM
    Thanks to all who have answered my question, and for all of the suggestions.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Oct 24, 2007, 09:21 PM
    Shadow People
    SenseGal Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 1, 2008, 02:38 PM
    Help please!! I have been living in this house for 2 years and all of a sudden in the past 4 months or so, I have seen this black shadow figure peeping and looking at me from the corner of my bedroom door in the hallway, it is there long enough for me to see it, I can't see any eyes, but it is a human figure, but completely black and like a shadow. I have also seen a short woman figure floating by my room. I only see these figures at my bedroom door in the hallway and in my kitchen, please what are they and how do I get rid of them? And why is it happening now all of a sudden?
    It is now several months since you first asked your question, so I'm wondering if you found an answer. I'd like to tell you that when I was a child (30 years ago), I saw the shadow thing (it was short with a cape and hat) cross in front of my bedroom door and into the bathroom almost every night. I also had a floating lady in my bedroom corner wall. Since adulthood, I have tried to convince my parents of this experience, and they brush it aside, and think I am crazy. The floating lady did not scare me, but the shadow figure did. One night when it was passing my door, I decided I was going to put it out of my mind, and I rolled over to face the wall in bed. A few seconds later, I had a very strong, painful punch in the middle of my back with what felt like a rounded fist. I continued to ignore it and pretend to be asleep because I was so scared. I never saw the thing again after that night. I'd suggest you ignore it and try to put it out of your mind. It may get angry, but then will probably go away. Don't let anyone convince you it is all just in your imagination--they are definitely real. I think the more aware you are of them, the more likely you will see one. I don't talk about this to anyone now. I'm in a professional career with an MBA, and live in an upscale neighborhood, married with children. I can see the look I would get if I ever told anyone in my social circle now of these things. I just hope my children don't ever have to suffer the same thing. If they do tell me they see these things though, I will believe them!
    JDW1889 Posts: 66, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2008, 07:03 PM
    It sound like shadow people. A figure that like a shadow and never lived, some people believe it came from hell they may be dangerous
    SenseGal Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 22, 2008, 06:43 AM
    I can't say whether they are demonic, but I do know it scared me as a child. NOhelp4u posted that shadow people wear fedora hats. I reviewed some fedora hats on line, and the hat I saw it wearing was definitely in a similar shape to a fedora hat.
    sherice1977 Posts: 53, Reputation: -3

Mar 3, 2008, 12:29 PM
    I had the same thing happen to me on a camping trip in the u.p I was laying in the camper and I looked up and right in front of me there was a tall black human figure of a man... no face... with a round hat.I thought I was just seeing things until I told my boyfriends mother about it ,she told me the same thing happened to her years ago she described the very same thing that I seen huh that was crasy.his mother told me that they had a spirit in the house at one time and that they had it cleansed ,but I think there's a spirit that still follows the family. My boyfriends father woke up being chocked and pinned down to the bed and the very same thing happened to his brother in-law.I wish I knew what's up because I have a son now from my boyfriend so that's kind of scary.
    Aviator008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 08:49 PM
    This is interesting, I'm now lookn this up and found this site. Im 22 from Dearborn Michigan. I often see these Shadow figures myself at night but outside. Couple occasions, One I was going to hangout with my friend for a bit when he got off work, but he gets off late. So to buy some time I grabd some food right quick, from mcdounalds. I parked on a sidestreet with houses, Jus to eat right quick. Pretty Late out, I glance up lookn out the windshield, I see this Shadow figure of a person, walkn across the road. But its super quick, like a split second then its gone. Then I often find myself sayn to myself, Did I really see that? Its like they cut in then cut out. THERE WAS NO ONE AROUND TOO, I meen it was really late and dark. The Best thing you can do is ignore it, like I do. I've told my friends while hangn out with them, that I see them, even while at night with them I often see them. My house too, I get the feeling of figures there in the dark, I often stay up late, weather I'm doing school work or checkn my myspace. I see some , hear random things now and then,I'm the only one up too... but myself I ignore it. The best thing u can do is not acknowledge it. Myself I'm a stubborn individual, so I don't fear a lot of things. You have to make yourself tuff minded like YOU! Mentallity.. and they won't mess with you. At least this is what I think. I think they can sense if your scared or vulnerable. Because I never really let myself get scared by it, I continue walkn, if you stop and Acknowledge it, try to throw somthn at it. That!. Jus get up, don't be scared.. get mad, and walk like your pissed. The more u ignore it and go about like u run things, the more they don't bother u.

They say if it happens more then once it's a coincidence, if it happens three times its not.
    I've seen shadow figures outside usually though at night, and now figure that I'm actually seeing somthn sense I've seen them more then 3 occasions.

I also had a similar dream, Of someone Chokin me in my dream some figure while I was in bed. Then I rolled off the bed on to the floor, and continued to choke the figure back in my dream. I woke up layn the way I was in the dream. But Clinching my covers tight and close to my face in a choking way. After that I didn't go back to sleep.

When I see the shadow people I don't see them very long though.. its like a split instance. I don't know if that's how you've all seen them. I think the one I saw while eating was wearn a top hat also.

I've seen one also before that walkn across the road, sort of like a street light glare on the road.
    shadow figure walkn slow though.. almost like smoothly. I was lookn for it to complete you know like show up on the sidewalk on the opposite side.. but there was no one. And that's why I was like, Wasn't there someone walkn across the road? My friend saw it too.

it was probably like 20ft away. Though.. same with the other one I saw while eating. Accept that one disappeared in the road. Never fully went across.. Like I said it Cuts in and Cuts out.
    Leo Z Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 10:44 AM
    Hi my name is Leo. These SHADOWS feed upon emotions like fear, rage etc. but mostly upon fear. The best way of getting rid of them is to ignore them like Aviator008 already said. If you acknowledge them it will be much more difficult to lose them. Even if they hurt you it's better to ignore them. By hurting you they mostly just try to get your attention. These things consist of negative or black energy. They are half demonic, but that's not important. To maintain themselves they need to feed like humans either. For humans its food and water for them everything bad. So just ignore them, don't let them frighten you. Sooner or later they will disappear, but not completely. I guess that you will still see them even if you ignore them, at least they will not stick to you.
    jackson2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2008, 12:00 AM
    I have seen these shadow figures as well no face, I know of many people that have seen them and they all describe them the same way.
    I have heard them called the shadow people yes,
    What they are or what they want I don't know.
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Jul 20, 2008, 09:43 AM
    Hmm. This is a tricky one. Not all spirits that appear black or dark to us are bad, nor are all those who appear glowy and white to be absolutely trusted as all good. Makes me wonder if there's an NAACS--National Association for the Advancement of Colored Spirits? ;)

Anyway, there are any number of ways from any number of cultural pathways to spiritually cleanse a house, and wrap it up in positive energy so that unless spirits have the highest best intention for you they are kept away. I would start by saying trust your intuition as to how best to perform such a ritual--it doesn't have to be elaborate, so long as you hold your intention very strongly. You might be most comfortable with something from the traditions of your own heritage and your own ancestors. You could also ask a professional shaman/medicine worker/spiritualist to check it out, but like any profession there are good ones and bad ones.

It is correct as mentioned in one of the previous answers that some spirits feed on human fear and pain. Makes you wonder where J. K. Rawling does the research for her novels, right? If any spirit tries really hard to act scary and make you afraid of it, that's a dead giveaway that the spirit is a total wuss that is itself deficient in energy and is trying to trick you into giving it some of yours. One good puh-lease look in its direction is usually enough to let it know you aren't going to fall for that.

Number one, don't be afraid of them. Number two, don't confront them or try to deal with them unless you know what you are about--there are some powerful critters out there. Use prayer and ritual from your own faith tradition, calling upon God as you understand the divine, and calling upon your ancestors, guardian angels, patron saints, or even a dog or cat you have whom you feel to be strong and wise. But it wouldn't hurt to check in with a local person with some training.

Do I take it you live in South Carolina? Not sure what resources you might have out there. Out here in Oregon, last bastion of hippiedom, there are almost as many spirituality shops as there are Starbucks outlets. You can find any number of places selling crystals and candles and what not, often with a wise witchy woman running the place who can give you some pointers. If you can't find anybody, drop me a line. I know a good professional shamanic practitioner here, but he has a website and works with people long distance, too. In shamanic space, South Carolina isn't so far away.

Many blessings of peace and healing,

Alder

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Shadow people [ 24 Answers ]

Hi I'm new here so I'm just going to get to it. I'm 18 and in the 12th grade. I get out of school at 12:30 everyday. When I come home and watch t.v I sometimes see shadows move across the corner of my eye. When I look it's gone. No objects have been moving on there own or anything of that sought...

1993 Dodge shadow electrical issues [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1993 Dodge shadow with a 2.5L motor. It runs poorly right now. I just put a new distributer cap and new spark plug wires on it to hope that they will help. When I first start it up when it hasn't been ran for a couple of hours it has a very rough idle. What should I do to make it run...

Shadow Box Creation Troubles (Ideas Needed) [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Everyone ! I am new to this board, and am needing creative ideas. I am making a shadow Box. The box itself it square. And I bought a ships wheel to be placed inside of the box. My question is this. This is going to be a birthday gift to someone, and I wanted to give inspirational sayings...

Shaving and shadow [ 1 Answers ]

Hi am a male, of 26 yrs old Every time I shave my top lip I have a greeness shadow, still there and was woundering if there are any tips or products out there that I can put on after shaving to get rid of that shadow. You see I have a box done but because of the shadow in the mostash area is...

View more questions Search