Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gift Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 03:34 PM
    find how much Zinc is needed ?
    I'm so confused with the equation. But I got 15.3L as an answer.I don't know if it's correct.

"How much Zinc must react in order to form 15.5L of hydrogen, H2 (g),at 32.0c and 115 kPa"?

Zn(s)+H2SO4 => ZnSO4(aq)+H2(g):)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Erm, well let me start with the obvious, Zinc is a solid, you can't measure it in litres.

From the equation you can see that 1 mole of H2 will form from 1 mole of Zinc.

You need to work out how many moles of H2 you have (PV = nRT), then you know how many moles of Zn you need, and then you can work out how many grams of Zn you need.

Let me know how you get on, I'll be happy to check your result.

May 10, 2007, 04:09 PM
    I got .692mole of Zn that is needed but I don't know how to continue working. Which equation should I use?:)
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

May 10, 2007, 10:29 PM
    Well you know how much a mole of zn weighs right? It's on the periodic table!

May 11, 2007, 03:42 AM
    Oh yeahhh
    I totally forget that!
    Thanks a lot!! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chemistry zinc and hydrochloric acid [ 7 Answers ]

hello everyone before you all start getting angry, i am a bit slow. To write my notes out my teacher is very agresive and angry. Please can you tell what happens when you mix zinc and hydrochloric acid i saw the experiment, but could not write it down in time. Thank you 2nd What happens...

Calcium/magnesium citrate with or without zinc? [ 8 Answers ]

I recently was told by my Physician I have osteoarthritis in my back, and am trying to find supplements to help with it. I heard that calcium and magnesium citrite are good for your bones. I was looking in the store to find prices and brands, and found some have zinc in them. I was wondering if...

Help needed [ 4 Answers ]

I have taken my maltese to the vet and spent a mint to get her ear free of wax buildup but it continues to come back very often and I simply can't pay 100 dollars every time it builds up in her ear . I will get the wax out then it comes back and looks like the color of mud down deep in her ear...

Help needed [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, Please everyone, I need help in doing my project, I don't know how to start and I'm a law student. Please I need your help as soon as possible. Thank you.

Help needed [ 2 Answers ]

Yo man how ru.. how is everyhting.. I am sorry to bother u.. // umm I am in trouble I like this girl and I want to date her but the problem is that she said she likes someone else but if she stops fancing him she will go out with me,. and when ever I send her a message trough my phone she never...

View more questions Search