Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DALKIM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 25, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Will I owe IRS if employer didn't pay taxes that were withheld?
    My former employer filed bankrupcty and I don't know if he was paying the iRS taxes that he withheld from my checks. Will I have to pay the IRS that money if he didn't? And if so what can I do to still receive a tax return?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 25, 2009, 02:42 PM

What does the W2 state that they gave you
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 26, 2009, 10:49 AM
    If the W-2 shows that the taxes were paid, you can safely assume that they were paid.

If they were not, the IRS will NOT come to you for the money. They will go to the employer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FICA taxes not withheld by my employer [ 14 Answers ]

Hi all, I came to US on F-1 status in Aug 1998. I joined my current company on OPT in May 2000. I got my H1B status in July 2001. Till date (Dec 2006), my employer has not withheld the FICA taxes. I was not very well-informed on this and realised it is better to fix the situation. My questions are...

FICA withheld but employer did not pay government [ 2 Answers ]

My son has recently moved back home(Florida) due to being unemployed. He had worked as a bartender in NC and his employer withheld the appropriate taxes. When he went to apply for unemployment he was informed that his employer never paid her taxes to the government and now he cannot collect any...

Employer withheld wrong state taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I have worked for a company in NYC for the past 12 years while living in Pennsylvania. In January 2007, my company switched me finally to our new office in Pennsylvania. Problem is that they never changed my tax withholdings from NY to PA. The issue fell between the cracks, and I never...

Taxes withheld for NYC by employer- I'm a NJ resident [ 1 Answers ]

My employer withheld NY city taxes, but I am a non-resident (I live in NJ and have never lived in NYC). How do I claim a refund or credit for these taxes on my IT-203?:confused:

H1B, employer not paying withheld income taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I know that my employer isn't paying the income taxes that he withholds from my salary. Does that affect my situation regarding my H1B? I mean in the application it says that I should be paid a certain salary to have this Visa and if the taxes that are withheld are not paid it will look like I have...

View more questions Search