Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LetzelPretzel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2017, 07:13 PM
    Force required to move block when between two surfaces
    A 5N block sits on a table with a smaller (1N) block on top, attached to the table with a string that makes an angle of 65 degrees to the table. All coefficients of friction are 0.3. Calculate the force required to pull the block to the right.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 7, 2017, 07:36 PM
    Which formula(s) are you using?
    LetzelPretzel Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2017, 08:01 PM
    @talaniman Well, to find Ffr is mu*Fn and then to find the total force, you can say the sum of the forces must equal 0 because of f=ma, and a is zero, so the force would just be the opposing forces. But I don't understand how to incorporate the string and second block's friction...
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 7, 2017, 10:35 PM
    Draw a picture, and calculated the total force of the vector of magnitude.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What force is required to move a revolve weighing 1.5 tonne 6 m diameter [ 0 Answers ]

I have a revolving table running on rubber rollers (For quietness) measuring 6 metres in diameter. I curently drive it with a 2.2kw electric motor through a reduction gearbox via an inverter. The Drive wheel is a solid rubber tyre moulded on a steel wheel mounted on the output shaft of the...

How to find a force exerted on a block by another? [ 0 Answers ]

If F = 5.0 N,and a force (25N)exerted on the blocks and it's opposite to F which is also is exerted on the to blocks, what is the magnitude of the force exerted by block 2 on block 1? m1=2kg m2=3kg any help please!

Weight of block on incline vs frictional force [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I know this is simple but I got 3 points taken off my last exam because it said: There is a block at rest on an incline, the frictional force acting on the block is... A)zero B)equal to the weight of the block C)greater than the weight of...

Force required to move on ice [ 2 Answers ]

How can a person stranded on a perfectly smooth block of ice get to the corner?

View more questions Search