Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NEURO11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2007, 03:18 AM
    Hdd not showing in disk management but showing in device manager
    I have my friend's hdd which crashed few daz ago then I connected it to my PC as slave but now its in the device manager and bios though not showing in MY COMPUTER,DISK MANAGEMENT.. help
    jstrike Posts: 418, Reputation: 44

Oct 2, 2007, 10:39 AM
    Right click on Disk Management in the mmc console and select Rescan Disks.
    If it still does not show up then check your BIOS settings to make sure the slave adapter is not disabled.

Just because it shows up in device manager does not necessarily mean that the drive is functional.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How come I am not showing yet? [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, I am 16 weeks pregnant and not showing at all!I feel like I'm never going to pop out? Is this normal and when am I supposed to get my little baby bump? I'm worried that I'm not even showing a little bit. When should I be getting a little bigger?

CD-ROM not showing [ 3 Answers ]

I just cleaned up an older PC for a friend of mine. The last thing I ran was CHKDSK. Now the system doesn't want to recognize the CD-ROM. It has been working fine and if you insert a CD, it lights up like it is reading it, but the CD-ROM won't show up in either My Computer or Explorer. Any...

Showing apt. [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 3 family owner occupied house in Hoboken, Hudson County NJ. Our lease states that we can show the apt. on "reasonable notice" . We are evicting the tenants for various reasons. Below is a letter they sent in response to my showing the apt. Note that this woman has not been staying in the...

Images Not Showing [ 10 Answers ]

I'm frequently unable to see images such as the one that should be at this link: Filoli Center ::: Visitor Information | Virtual Tour Instead I get a little square icon with a blue triangle, green circle and red square inside. It happens often enough that I doubt it's the sites, but if...

Showing him I care [ 7 Answers ]

So I've been discussing with my boyfriend about why he got so mad so easily about my dream. He said he feels like I don't really care about him as much as I say I do, and that I don't really love him, because honestly, I do have a hard time showing people how much they mean to me. I've always...

View more questions Search