Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juliette453 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 07:55 AM
    Leave before end of lease because departure foreign country?
    Hello,

I would like to know if there are any regulations/rights when you have to leave an apartment before the end of the lease if you have been transferred by your company in a foreign country or because you have found another job in a foreign country? I mean, is there any possibility to decrease the notice time and/or to have the deposit back?
    Thanks.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2009, 10:36 AM

What Country?
    Juliette453 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2009, 04:33 PM

Why? Does it make a difference?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 4, 2009, 04:46 PM
    I think the question is what country you are being transferred form. And laws vary from local to locale, so a general area is important to know.

In the US the only people allowed to terminate a lease early due to job relocation is the military.

But most companies that require a relocation usually provide some assistance like a buyout, etc.

Talk to your relocation dept, I'm sure a multi-national will have one. Talk to your landlord about a buy out. Or you can try to get a sublet or a replacement tenant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Break lease because of new job in a foreign country [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to know if there are any regulations/rights when you have to leave an apartment before the end of the lease if you have been transferred by your company in a foreign country or because you have found another job in a foreign country? I mean, is there any possibility to...

Ex not on lease will not leave.landlord gave her 30 days.still won't leave? [ 12 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend and I were on a lease and it expired 7/15/09. I signed a new lease with only me on it. She will not leave. She stated the landlord had to give her 30 more days to leave. The landlord then sent a certified letter stating she had to leave in 30 days. She will not leave. What rights...

Marriage In a Foreign Country [ 28 Answers ]

I am going to the Dominican Republic this summer to marry and bring my future husband back to the US. The thing is, what papers would we need, how much would it cost, and would it make more sense to get a temporary visa for him in case the marriage doesn't work out? The only way he said he could...

Tax on remuneration in a foreign country [ 1 Answers ]

Iam a government doctor employed in a teaching hospital in lucknow from where I draw my salary. Presently, I have been invited by a university in France as a teaching researcher on contract for conducting some research work for a period of 4 months. During this period I will receive salary in india...

View more questions Search