Ask
    goincraz_ee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2006, 07:11 AM
    Window shutters
    How do I make shutters for my windows
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 07:21 AM
    Do you mean decorative ones or ones that actually work?

Either way, shutters are cheap, relatively speaking. I imagine a set of shutters for one window could take a full day to make. Have you priced shutters that you like?
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 07:33 AM
    From P.Message:
    Quote Originally Posted by goincraz_ee
    either or....i would really like to have shutters in my family room and kitchen. the family room is decorated very "outdoors-y" (ie: tree stumps for end tables)
    they are about $16/sq ft
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 07:36 AM
    Yikes, $16 a sq. foot for shutters? That sounds very high.

I may have misunderstood: Are you speaking of interior or exterior shutters?
    Tommyp!972 Posts: 300, Reputation: 36

Apr 26, 2006, 09:43 PM
    That sounds about right.. I've seen custom shutters go for $20 sq.ft or roughly $150-200 a piece... more work to make them unless you don't mind spending $$$ for the right tools otherwise out here we have Amish that can make them maybe out where you are you might have some Amish folks... they do awesome work with natural woods.. might be the way to go IMO.. good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Opening to a New Window [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I don't know if there's a way to do this, but I am trying to write an E-mail with a "link" on it. That link obviously leads to another webpage, and what I would like to happen is to manipulate that webpage's appearance; taking out the address bar, menu bar, tool bar, scrollbar, and...

Painted shutters - white powdery haze forming [ 7 Answers ]

It was suggested to me where I bought my paint that I strip the enamel off because the paint was not sticking, so I did. Then I cleaned them with soap and rinsed them. I primed them then painted them. They looked really good. I let them dry for a day then put them on the house (last night). This...

Painting Shutters [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Out There! I want to paint my vinyl shutters. They currently have an enamel paint on them. I painted one with the latex exterior paint that I want to use, but it feels rubbery and it's not sticking very good. Do I need to strip the enamel off or sand it? I guess I need to know how to prepare...

Dos Command Window [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Friends, I have scheduled a batch file to start of in the night. I want to see the DOS window to remain open and not close after execution. I want this this to check the next morning if all the actions went OK. Is there any command that can keep the DOS screen open till I close. Thanks...

View more questions Search