Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HogleLover Posts: 55, Reputation: 4

Feb 15, 2012, 02:48 PM
    Cheap place to stay long term in London?
    My husband and I are traveling to London for the first time in May and we still have to figure out where we are staying. We want to stay there as long as we can so anywhere between 3-6 months. I tried looking at hostels but I didn't see any that would fit our budget. I also emailed a few people on craigslist that had rooms for rent but no one has written back.

I guess my question is where can we stay (with a private room since we're married) that isn't going to cost us all the money we have saved up? I don't mind Hostels, but I would prefer renting a room from someone in a house or apartment.

Can anyone recommend a website? Hostel? Or even if you know a person in London that would be willing to rent a room to two seriously awesome people who are super fun to hang out with? Lol

We just want to go somewhere new, fun, exciting, and get out of our comfort zone and experience life. :)

Thanks a bunch!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 15, 2012, 02:57 PM
    Where abouts in London as it is a big place and also one of the most expensive in the world.
    You have the right idea of a room, but short leases of this nature will be expensive, especially this year with the Olympics going on.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 15, 2012, 03:00 PM
    Why don't you rent a motor home and travel through Britain, I did that several years ago and lined it up through a travel agent.

Feb 15, 2012, 03:43 PM
    For some reason this site is not letting me view the answers given to my question. I keep trying and its still telling me there are no answers even though I've gotten notifications that there are. Gggrrrrrr...

Feb 15, 2012, 04:36 PM
    OK there we go now I see the answers.

I have a question for tickle... would you mind if I asked how much that cost? And is it hard to get a drivers license?

And for curleyben... what do you recommend? We are pretty much open to living in any area of London because we can find transportation... I just care about finding something affordable. We started planning this before we found out about the olympics being there so that is kind of a bummer that it will makes things more difficult.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Feb 16, 2012, 01:17 AM
    As I say London is a big place, but northern tends to be cheaper then central or southern.

Have a search through UK's number one property website for properties for sale and to rent for some ideas.
    You want Postcodes (similar to your zips) starting with an N (North)
    DaniCalifornia Posts: 655, Reputation: 152

Mar 12, 2012, 05:21 AM
    Are you looking for a nice place, or is it that you just want to move to the area? If I were you I'd ring up some estate agents and tell them you're looking to rent.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Short term and long term aspiration for cash management officer? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello Guys, Cab you please advice me for short term and long term aspiration of cash management officer? I've working on AP accountant for 5 years. Then few months ago I've changed my position for Cash Management Officer. Then here is the my job description:  Responsible for processing daily...

Long term marriage.long term problems [ 6 Answers ]

Well Where do I start …I have been with the same woman since high school and now at 41 we are in a very rough marriage with a 4 year old son …we almost got a divorce at the 7 year mark due to her request that she just didn’t love me anymore and some of the hurtful things I had done like some...

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why? [ 4 Answers ]

Is short-term or long-term debt more stressful to your personal finances? Why?

View more questions Search