Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    navika18 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2015, 01:51 AM
    How to know if he was interested in me?
    I had met a guy as part of arranged marriage meeting process. First we met with our parents.. all was fine.. I liked him and his family and also felt the same from their side. They also let us know that they liked us. Talked to him over phone and also we met twice after that. He had asked for a meeting both times. I felt level of comfort and understanding with him and he also gave the same impression. He listened to every word of mine with interest and I also found him using my words and expression in his conversation. Everything was going good and then there was meeting of our family with his relatives. Meeting went well but he didn't talk much during that meeting and also he and his parents showed to their relatives that we both had not had a separate meeting and had only talked over phone once or twice. That's what he told his maternal aunt in front of me when she asked us to talk to each other. But the meeting went very cordial. Also after the meeting they said that we will meet soon. During the meeting his father told my father that they wished that I should stay with them and commute to office from there and my father happily agreed.(I have been alloted govt accommodation). Two days after the meeting there was no response from their side. When I messaged him asking how is he, there was no reply. After about half an hour, his father called up my father and apologised for not being able to take it further. I really do not know what to make of it. Please help.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 6, 2015, 05:35 AM
    It probably had nothing to do with YOU, but more likely THEM. Even in cultures where the family takes the lead in the dating/relationship/marriage ritual there can be disappointments for whatever reason. While the other family was cordial, not knowing what they truly thought has to be disconcerting, but should not be taken personally. You and this fellow have little to do with the decisions of the other family members it seems.

I think in the dating/marriage ritual you have to expect disappointments and deal with the rejections that come with it. I think this is where you talk to your own family for better understanding of this ritual and support through the frustration and uncertainty that's involved.

Even in western cultures relationships often start great with high hopes, and expectations, but fizzle out and don't work for a variety of reasons. Reasons you may never even know about.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Dec 6, 2015, 07:03 AM
    I agree with Talaniman.

The beginnings of any relationship, no matter how they come about, are just the very first steps in deciding whether a relationship is worth pursuing.

I know of Indian families who have more than one woman lined up as a possible mate for their sons, and as well the parents of a woman.

As this is out of your hands, and the decision to carry on with this potential mate are not for you to decide, I would assume that nothing will come of this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't get this girl! Interested or not interested! [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there, I think I need some help on this one. I met 2 months ago a girl. She is studiyng away from home (in my city) and so she doesn´t know anyone except me and my friends. Suddenly I was spending my free time alone with her, we went out, lunch, dinner... all that type of things... and in...

Is he interested? [ 2 Answers ]

OK so I met this guy at a university caberet a few weeks ago, he's gorgeous. Anyway, we hung out a couple times, got to know each other a bit better, we got kind of intimate with each other, so last week he leaves my house saying he'll see me later. And I'm thinking he's going to text me for...

I'm Not interested! [ 8 Answers ]

I have been with my fiancée for 5 years. We got together when I was 18 he was 19. We started a relationship after a 'one night stand' in a hotel. We would meet up every weekend for this same thing then I started staying at his house every night. We had sex all the time EVERY night and I loved it....

If anyone is interested! [ 10 Answers ]

Hi all, I just thought if anyone was interested to know, they are having a "Dog Whisperer" Marathon Day, today (Sunday July 13th) on the National Geographic Channel, to whomever has access to that channel. All dogs... all day! They are even throwing in a pot bellied pig, and some hamsters...

Is she interested in me? [ 2 Answers ]

Well to start things off I am a 15 year old girl. Okay. So I have this friend who is just great. But the thing is I want to know if she likes me. She always has her holding my hand, kissing me on my cheek and rubbing my back when it does not hurt. One day our other friend named brittany asked us if...

View more questions Search