Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Nov 22, 2015, 12:40 AM
    How To Watch Football That Isn't Airing In Your Location.
    SO it is going to be the year 2016 soon. We have accomplished many things. NASA is talking about visiting Mars in the near future and my cable box contains hundreds of channels.

And yet, I cannot watch/follow the Patriots (my home team) from California unless I pay a premium price. I am not nearly enough of a fan of football to ever PAY extra to watch football. I enjoy watching the Patriots play, though, and it would be nice if I could put them on my TV.

I have been trying to figure this conundrum out. I moved to CA 5 years ago and was utterly amazed. I just could not fathom not being able to watch a form on American entertainment simply because I moved to the other side of the country. I thought football as something I could watch everywhere and game I wanted.

So what can people suggest? Any legit online streaming sites? I have just found sketchy ones or very VERY low quality streams.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 22, 2015, 05:06 AM
    Football, from what I gather, will not go gently into the realm of FREE. So you are either a big enough fan to pay extra, or you wait for the day when all TV viewing makes drastic changes, which of course can't come soon enough.

I'm not a football fan at all, yet even I know about blackout games and all sorts of other restrictions that vary all over the country, some based on stadium ticket sales, so aren't determined til the last day.

Did you look directly at the Patriot site? You can listen live on the radio (online) or watch retroactively.
    I'd suggest looking for a sports bar with many TVs and see if any show your team. Or get friendly with another Bostonian from work. Or even advertise that you want to form a Patriots watching group and all chip in.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2015, 05:50 AM
    Keep in mind... what you might call "legitimate" might not be what is technically legal.

Streaming unlicensed material is legally no different than downloading it. And can land you in trouble. And just because you find it streaming doesn't mean its a legal stream.

And as Joypulv pointed out... there IS a lot of money involved so Free except on your TV either by subscription or advertising funded is going to the only legal way. There IS enough money involved if they decide enough illegal activity is draining money.. they can afford to push the issue... much like the RIAA did with music.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 22, 2015, 06:36 AM
    If you pay for cable then an extra 10 bucks a month for 6 months is NOTHING to a true FAN.

How to Watch Every NFL Game This Season Without Going Broke - TIME

Information About WatchESPN
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 22, 2015, 12:47 PM
    Do you have relatives back in the Boston area? You can get a Slingbox that will allow you to watch what's on their TV. Many cable companies will allow you to watch streaming content from the cable company. I give my daughter an ID on my cable service so she can watch content where she lives.
    notcoolenough Posts: 95, Reputation: 7

Nov 22, 2015, 10:06 PM
    I do actually, and I might look into this. Thanks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Let's talk some football ! (American football) [ 195 Answers ]

Bears 27 Cowboys 20 :) Bears 2 - 0 Vikings lose again Vikings 0 - 2 Pittsburgh wins again... Steelers 2 - 0

Constant dripping noise from water heater tank in airing cupboard / ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I wonder if any one can help me shed some light on an annoying problem? About a week ago I started hearing a constant dripping and trickling noise in the house, it is quite faint but loud enough to stop you from sleeping every night. I think it's coming from the water tank heater in the airing...

Football in america and all the football schools in the country [ 3 Answers ]

What is the name of the best foot ball school in America?

Is this section about the Football or just US Football (Sort of Rugby) [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry but I am new here, and I am learning for my way around this web site. Don't mean to hurt anybody. I am just kind of lost. Simón T.

View more questions Search