Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    terripie84 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2016, 11:06 AM
    Chronic hives on soles of feet and palms
    I've been suffering for chronic hives urticaria only on the soles (bottoms and sides) of my feet and toes and on the palms of my hands for over ten years... Sometimes they go away, sometimes for a few months then always come back..other times I will have them for days, weeks months with no relief, I can go a day or two with none then they are back again.. I've tried going gluten free, not wearing socks using baby soap organic laundry detergent ect ect.. I take 4 Benadryl at night to help me sleep but it does nothing for the itch and stinging. For years I've used ice packs to help me sleep, waking up with swollen itchy throbbing toes because they got too cold. Now I burn the hives with very hot water from the tap, it hurts but it takes the itch away for a little while! It actually works! . It's very depressing ! I've narrowed it down to either pressure induced or hormonal related? Does anyone else out there have hives only on their feet? And occasionally on the palms of their hands? I've also noticed that on my right underarm only below my wrist, two to three pimple like red dots that appear usually when I have a bad case of hives on my feet at the time.. Not sure if it has anything to do with it or not , but it's defiantly weird! Thank you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 13, 2016, 12:37 PM
    Not I, and probably not anyone looking here in the near future. Your best bet is the huge number of sites devoted just to hives.
    I am surprised that in all these years you haven't done dietary tests on yourself, other than gluten.
    I would write down virtually everything you eat for at least a month, and map out the hives on another calendar, and compare.
    Do the same at the same time with all the other triggers.
    I don't get the feeling that you have done much reading online?

• Some food (especially peanuts, eggs, nuts and shellfish)
    • Medications, such as antibiotics (especially penicillin and sulfa), aspirin and ibuprofen
    • Insect stings or bites
    • Physical stimuli, such as pressure, cold, heat, exercise or sun exposure
    • Latex
    • Bacterial infections, including urinary tract infections and strep throat
    • Viral infections, including the common cold, infectious mononucleosis and hepatitis
    • Pet dander
    • Pollen

As for itching and burning, the last time I got poison ivy on my feet and ankles, I couldn't get to a store, and used what was in the house: Solarcane (sunburn lotion) and gauze. I slathered the lotion all over and wrapped a lot of gauze around it, and felt instant relief from itching, and I didn't take it off for 3 days (no showers). When I did, the poison ivy was gone. I am no way suggesting this as a treatment, just relief at night. Any cooling lotion, covered.
    terripie84 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2016, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Not I, and probably not anyone looking here in the near future. Your best bet is the huge number of sites devoted just to hives.
    I am surprised that in all these years you haven't done dietary tests on yourself, other than gluten.
    I would write down virtually everything you eat for at least a month, and map out the hives on another calendar, and compare.
    Do the same at the same time with all the other triggers.
    I don't get the feeling that you have done much reading online?

• Some food (especially peanuts, eggs, nuts and shellfish)
    • Medications, such as antibiotics (especially penicillin and sulfa), aspirin and ibuprofen
    • Insect stings or bites
    • Physical stimuli, such as pressure, cold, heat, exercise or sun exposure
    • Latex
    • Bacterial infections, including urinary tract infections and strep throat
    • Viral infections, including the common cold, infectious mononucleosis and hepatitis
    • Pet dander
    • Pollen

As for itching and burning, the last time I got poison ivy on my feet and ankles, I couldn't get to a store, and used what was in the house: Solarcane (sunburn lotion) and gauze. I slathered the lotion all over and wrapped a lot of gauze around it, and felt instant relief from itching, and I didn't take it off for 3 days (no showers). When I did, the poison ivy was gone. I am no way suggesting this as a treatment, just relief at night. Any cooling lotion, covered.
    Hehe, thank you for your response, however everything you have suggested I have looked into and read about at least 50x over. I have spent countless hours on the internet reading every give forum and hive page imaginable. I have been to a allergist as well and had many tests done. I will continue to post on any forum I can to find some answers! Hopefully some relief will come my way, I've been cooling my hives for years with ice water and ice packs but I find that burning them with hot water helps the itch to leave for at least 2-8 hours! So I can finally get a good nights sleep again, I just discovered it last month thank god :)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 13, 2016, 06:12 PM
    Given all you have been through, I'm still surprised that you haven't done a rigorous food chart. Despite allergy tests.

I forgot to mention cannabis salves. People report all sorts of good things, and even lab tests all showing good results.
    For your skin, get one that contains coconut oil as a base.
    I ingest oils on cookies for pain. I can't get it legally, so get it here and there when I can from people who can get it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minute blisters all over my palms and feet [ 3 Answers ]

I am a 20 year old Indian female. I consumed beer for the first time yesterday night. Today morning when I woke up my hands and feet had swelled up and had minute blisters all over. These blisters are in the color of my skin and are mostly invisible but I can feel them. They are itchy and painful....

Red spots on palms and soles [ 0 Answers ]

Any idea what causes hands and soles of feet to have red spots and feel like burning pins and needles? Only thing that stops the pain is sleep. They aren't blisters but more like under the skin. Fingertips feel like they are covered in blisters but aren't.

Excesive sweat on my palms and feet! [ 12 Answers ]

Please help me! I'm a young girl, age 14 and my palms and feet always sweat! I tried everything to cure it. And every time I use a lotion, my palms and feet never stops sweating! :confused: I really really need your help. And also, whenever I hold hands with anyone, my hands starts sweating! How...

Can itchy feet and palms be diabetes? [ 6 Answers ]

Three evenings ago, my feet and then palms started itching severely. I applied cortisone cream which helped some but I didn't get much sleep. During the day I am okay but evenings it begins and it is horrible. The cream is not helping any longer so after scrubbing my feet with a foot brush, I...

Severe itching on Palms and feet [ 1 Answers ]

Last night I woke up around 11:30 from severe itchy palmsand bottom of my feet. I quickly took some benedryl and applied some anti itch cream. I was OK the rest of the evening. Then a little while ago my palms started itching again. I took some more benedryl and applied some more cream it is better...

View more questions Search