Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MAStewart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2013, 02:54 PM
    Voltage Drop Calculation
    300 ft of 10ga supposed to carry 15 amp at 120volt. How much v drop do I have?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 3, 2013, 03:26 PM
    Voltage drop 10.8

Note total length of circuit is distance there and back, 1/2 length of circuit will be the distance between source and point of use, assuming that is 300".

See voltage calculator
    Voltage Drop Calculator
    MAStewart Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2013, 07:26 AM
    Thank you very much! Now I know what to do with an inherited problem at my new home. IOU!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voltage drop calculation [ 2 Answers ]

I am finishing a room in my basement and I am installing 8 duplex receptacles and one switched light. The line I am feeding the circuit with is on a 15 Amp 120V line and it is about 25 feet from the breaker box to the entrance of the room I am finishing. If I just run one continuous loop around...

Voltage Drop [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to illuminate a tunnel about 3000' long temporarily with 9- 400 Watt Metal Halide fixtures spaced about 320' apart. I have a 120/240 generator single phase that I will use to back feed a 240/480 volt transformer to deliver 480 volts, single phase to the tunnel lights. At 480 volts I...

Feeder Voltage Drop calculation [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 200 Amp Electrical Service and I would like to install a 60 Amp Sub Panel in a building 300 feet away. I will have 120 volt and 240 volts loads at the building. To calculate the size of the feeder to the building, do I use 120 volts or 240 volts in my voltage drop calculations?

Voltage drop [ 4 Answers ]

A 300sq mm cable is to be laid for 600mtr. Distance. As the distance is large so there are considerable voltage drop at the receiving side. How can we cope up with this voltage drop at the receiving end? We want a constant voltage ofd 415 V at receiving end irrespective of input voltage? ...

Voltage drop [ 2 Answers ]

How far can you run an electrical cord, that is plugged into a 20 amp circuit, and still run a circular saw? If the saw starts slowly, will that harm the saw?

View more questions Search