Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saifq16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 10:46 AM
    Private Number
    Hi, I am asking if it is possible to display private numbers on Nokia phones? I have a Nokia 6230i and I cannot handle prank calls lol. So please tell me if there is anything I can do to display private numbers
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2006, 11:00 AM
    Unfortunately, the privacy advocates have hamstrung the Caller ID feature. There is no legal way to get around the privacy blocks placed on phones.
    saifq16 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2006, 11:33 AM
    OK what about illegal ways ;)

Nov 6, 2006, 11:46 AM
    Please don't ask or expect us to help you break the law. We are not that type of site. We are (for the most part) ethical people. The rules of this site do not allow for promoting or asking about illegal actions.
    cmedou2nite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 25, 2006, 01:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by saifq16
    Hi, i am askin if it is possible to display private numbers on nokia phones? i have a nokia 6230i and i cannot handle prank calls lol. So please tell me if there is anything i can do to display private numbers
    Hi not sure if I'm doing this right I also like to find out because I also receive heaps of prank calls do you know now

Dec 25, 2006, 05:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cmedou2nite
    hi not sure if im doing this right i also like to find out because i also receive heaps of prank calls do you know now
    Did you read my answers in this thread? They are right there.
    nwsflash Posts: 530, Reputation: 73

Dec 25, 2006, 06:28 AM
    The only way you can trace a number to your cell phone if you are having problem calls is to contact the police and do things the legal way ! All Cell phones work on what's known as a HRL system which means that only the phone companys can see a with held number and if you contact them and the police they can access these records to find the person !

There is no other way other than the legal way to do this, Scott is totally correct that no one will aid you to break the law in any way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Private [ 1 Answers ]

Can an anonymous e'amil be traced back to the sender if you use hotmail or Yahoo or some place like that?

Unblock a private number [ 3 Answers ]

I have a similar situation posted on this forum. Except that I don't want to report this person to authorities. I would just like to know if there is a way to find out his number he only blocks manually. It's a cellphone he uses for work. We had been dating and now that we have broken up (we're...

Private IP Address [ 7 Answers ]

I'm having trouble connecting to the internet at my school via broadband connection. My computer will detect the network, but I keep getting assigned a private IP and cannot establish a connection. I'm running Windows XP. I've tried reinstalling the services and protocols, copying over clean...

Private Caller ID [ 5 Answers ]

Curious to know if anyone is familiar with receiving Private Caller from a calling card. I have a calling card that I purchased about 3 years ago that I keep adding minutes to. Anytime I use this calling card it shows on the receiving side as either a 720 or a 404 area code. Just recently, this...

View more questions Search