Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrNate Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 02:18 PM
    No one will believe me. Trying to remember 80's/90's kids movie with a dodo bird.
    It is killing me that I can not remember an old kids movie I saw about 17 years ago. I remember the movie almost as if it was yesterday, but no one believes me that I actually did see it (especially since the movie is very weird and sounds like a dream).

The movie had 2 parts to it. A real storyline with actors and then a cartoon world. The movie starts with a grandpa telling a story or something (almost like Princess's Bride) and then the kid somehow meets this dodo bird in a cartoon world. There is also playing cards involved so I think the kid went into a "game" world (like a Jumanji). The boy goes through the mystical cartoon world trying to win the prize and get to the finish line. I think it is an island he is on. Along with the dodo bird (the playing cards were dodo birds too). I remember an owl character (and of course he was a "wise" character). In the end he he eventually wins the race and comes out of the book. Something about getting over a drawbridge before it closed.

As I am typing this I am somehow starting to remember more. I think it starts with a kid getting picked on at school (not that sure) and he has a bicylce and he meets this grandpa figure at his store and the grandpa guy tells him about a game that will help him. I also think the kid somehow might have his bike in the cartoon world.

This might be a Christian or a religious movie so it might be harder to find, but it was very family friendly type and concentrated on teaching morals throughout the movie.

Please help me prove all of my friends and family wrong. I did try to contact the kid that I saw this movie with at his house 17 years ago and he claims it is called Whomainia. But I can not find any evidence online or anywere that that was the title... but at least he thinks he saw it too. Please help me solve this childhood mystery.
    budy1ham Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Sounds kind of like the page master
    rl12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Apr 9, 2008, 03:53 PM
    The film is called Hoomania. It is a short Christian children's film based on the book of Proverbs, made in 1985.

Hope that helps :)
    lkb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 09:17 PM
    Comment on rl12345's post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have been trying to figure out the name of this movie for 4 years now.
    lkb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 09:18 PM
    Thank you so much for asking this/answering this question. Hoomania! My brother and I have been trying to figure out the name of this movie for 4 years now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kids movie from the 80's or 90's? [ 4 Answers ]

This has been driving me insane! I remember these movies and can't find them anywhere. The names are on the tip of my tongue, but I can't seem to spit them out. Try to help me remember, please!! :) 1st movie: It wasn't animated... it was a version of sleeping beauty I think? I remember the...

I can't remember the name of this 80's kids movie... Help? [ 1 Answers ]

So this has been bugging me for awhile.All I really remember is that it is animated and it is not the little prince or the last unicorn but similar. I remember a girl with windblown hair either in a ship or watching it go by and she was sad. There was a bit of journeying involved in the plot....

80's/90's kids movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys. I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I watched as a kid. It was on a video cassette (remember those?), and I remember my mom hired it for me from a library. I was born in '88, so I'm guessing that I would've watched it mid-late 90's. That said, I have absolutely no idea when...

80's or 90's kids movie [ 1 Answers ]

I can't remember the name of this movie, but it was about a young boy who had to go live with his grandparents, I'm not sure if he was orphaned or what, but he took a train to get to his grandparents. I think they might have lived in scotland or some place like that, but I can't remember for sure....

View more questions Search