Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Showme_urmove Posts: 319, Reputation: 101

Jan 27, 2011, 10:47 PM
    In the old covenant we as human being have to follow the 10 commandment, if you follow 9 but broke one you had broken all! In the new covenant this is how you are saved
    As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins (ephesians2:1)
    I am the resurrection and the life he who believes in me, though he were dead, will live; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die, do you believe this? (John 11:25)
    For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of god is eternal life in chirst jesus our lord, (Roman 6;23
    for you to pay the debt of your sin is death. But jesus came to the cross, to die for your sins so we all can be forgiven.
    But because of his great love for us, God who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions it is by grace you have been saved (Ephesians 2;4,5)
    When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful lnature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins… (Colosssians 2:13)
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Jan 28, 2011, 06:46 AM
    Showme_urmove:
    " in the new covenant this is how you are saved"

I'm very aware that much of mainstream christianity thinks and believes exactly the way you have posted. The fact is that they and you are relying on traditional interpretation instead of looking at EVERY part of the Bible. Your position puts you at a disadvantage. Namely that the verses you ASSUME are crystal clear lead you to ignore many verses that are obscure AND YET HAVE MUCH TO SAY about salvation, and about judgment. Judgment is an ESSENTIAL part of the Gospel message. It's the salt. "...but if the salt have lost his savour wherewith shall it be salted ? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to cast out and trodden underfoot of men." Matthew 5:13

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can an abuser be forgiven [ 11 Answers ]

I am married to a man who has been abusive to me in the past. He has hurt me physically several times. He has not hurt me physically in about 18 months. The verbal and emotional abuse has, however, continued. If someone hasn't hurt you/hit you in this length of time, is it safe to say that the...

Almost any sin can be forgiven except... [ 27 Answers ]

Here we see that God will forgive almost any sin, but one against the Holy Spirit. Note that saying Jesus has an evil spirit is such a sin. Today's Gospel (Mk 3:22-30): The teachers of the Law who had come from Jerusalem said, «He is possessed by Beelzebul: the chief of the demons helps him to...

I made a judgment error and not forgiven for it [ 3 Answers ]

I made a judgment error by insisting my lady friend attend a HIV (AIDS) awareness training session. She actually did not wanted to go however it was compulsory and I forced her. She was hugely embarrassed and it is my fault (her words). I had to raise my voice and she was really upset with me. We...

Taxes for forgiven debt and Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

This past year I settled with 2 credit card companys. I have received a 1099-C from one of the cards with the amount canceled reported to IRS. I am about to file Chapter 13 can these be put in the 13 with out me having to do a tax return on them? Also I would like to know if I can list them as...

Suiside and forgiven [ 4 Answers ]

I just got out of the hospital again I tried to kill myself again for the 4th time but this time I realized something What the hell was I doing I couldn't believe what I had done I have so much to live for I'm finnaly getting good grades in school I have friends that would do anything for...

View more questions Search