Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acjones Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 8, 2014, 11:49 AM
    How long can an mortgage judgment stay on your credit report?
    It's been over 14 years since I lost a home in forecloser, now I'm trying to get an new home and the bank is asking about an judgement, witch I do not see on none(3) credit reports. How long are these type of judgements to stay .
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 8, 2014, 01:35 PM
    A credit issue is required to be removed after 7 years from the credit bureaus. But that doesn't make the item go away. The term of a judgement depends on local law and, since you neglected to tell us your general locale, we can't answer. Most judgments are initially for 7-10 years and renewable for at least another 7-10 years.

You need to find the court that issued the judgement to find out when it will expire.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 8, 2014, 04:48 PM
    The fact is , it happened, even if not showing up on a credit report, (it should come off in 7 years normally, Some debts will show up 10. But there are many ways a lender can find out about past information, beyond credit reports. If they find out about it, you will have to explain.

Dec 8, 2014, 07:03 PM
    I Live in Miami Florida do this mortgage Judgment apply to this state for 7-10 years as well.

Dec 9, 2014, 05:47 AM
    The Florida statute (Chapter 55) is not 100% clear on this. But it appears that a judgment is initially for 10 years and renewable for another 10.

Dec 9, 2014, 07:49 AM
    Thank you ScottGem & FrChuck for your help I guess my dream's are crush.. but I will go to the courts to see what they have because this was not on none of the credit reports..

Dec 9, 2014, 08:04 AM
    Again, credit reports are required to remove items after 7 years. That only removes the item from report, not from your obligations.

It doesn't mean you can't get a loan, however. If your circumstances were different 14 years ago, that caused you to go into foreclosure, you might still get approval. Discuss this with your lender or apply to other lenders.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does a foreclosure stay on your credit report? [ 4 Answers ]

My condo was foreclosed on a year ago. I had tried for two years to do a refinance, loan modification, short sale and had worked with attorneys and real estate agents along the way. In the end the property was sold at auction. I realize my credit will take a massive hit for a few years but does...

Can the mortgage company still report a foreclosure on my credit report ? [ 6 Answers ]

In 2005 I filed bankruptcy and did not reaffirm my mortgage. I am walking away from my house 2010 - can the mortgage company still report a foreclosure on my credit report now, in 2010, even though I am not longer responsible and it was included and is already on my credit report as forgiven back...

How long will judgement in Georgia stay on my credit report [ 1 Answers ]

I have about 3 judgements. I could not appear because I can't afford a lawyer even for bakruptcy. How long will this be on my credit report? I have a mortgage & current with the first but deliquent on the second mortgage on same property.

How long does an unpaid medical bill stay on credit report [ 3 Answers ]

In November of 2001, while I was in college, I was hit by a car. I suffered $28,000 of damage, almost all of which was billed to my parents. Apparently, however, a radiology place took an x-ray and billed me in my dorm. I vacated the dorm after the accident and never got the bill. I have now...

View more questions Search