Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lukesign Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2003, 09:01 AM
    Easiest effective way to remove stains?
    Dear All,

I have some staining on my teeth. I would like to do the least amount of work to get rid of them. I would also like to not use something unhealthful if possible. Something I can buy over the counter.

Rembrandt?
    Crest strips?
    Other?

What really works and what is the easiest?

Thanks.
    vixybaby Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 02:10 PM
    Try crest white-strip you use them twice a day for about 30 minutes $35-40 dollars in local stores I have seen them cheapest in Wal-marts!
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 05:37 PM
    It depends on what kind of staining you have. If it's stain from drinking coffee, tea, colas or smoking (extrinsic) you should have them professionally removed and then whiten if needed. If the stain is intrinsic (cannot be removed by a professional polish) then Crest White Strips should work well. I've also seen Rembrant toothpaste work well but it has to be used exclusively. Remember, if the stain is from the things you drink or from smoking whitening won't prevent the stains from returning. Also, keep in mind, if you have any white fillings in your teeth the whitening agents will not whiten the fillings so you may need to have them replaced to match the shade you whitened to.
    florence021071 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2007, 11:08 PM
    You need to go to your dentist office first and get a cleaning they can remove all the stain then I would ask yourself what makes your teeth stain for instance, smoking , drinking coffee, drinking tea, eating maranara sauce, and red wine will do it once you find out what is causing it you need to brush more often after you eat or drink these examples I've given you then the best way to go is to ask you hygenist while she is cleaning your teeth about whitening your teeth they can do that for you in the office it may cost you roughly $250.00 they will take impressions of you upper teeth and lower then you return to the dental office in a day or two tp pick up your bleaching trays and kit you only have to do it for 2 weeks and you will notice a major look to your reeth now I know what you are thinking that is a lot of money but I'm a dental assistant for 15 years I know what I'M ialking about. If you don't want to purchase it at the dental office you are going to be spending more and more money on product that doesn't fit your mouth properly and you will get fustrated and say forget it that is what I would do if I were you good luck tell me what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maltese tear stains [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Does anyone have any suggestions for removing the red tear stains on a maltese? I have tried a product called Crystal Eye by Four Paws but have not had any success. Any suggestions or home remedies?

Stains [ 3 Answers ]

Is it true that semen stains look crusty in appearannce, while drool stains are just translucent, on like fabrics?

Brown stains in grout [ 5 Answers ]

Hello This is my first post to this site. I live in a 2 year old high rise (poured concrete) condo building. In one bath I have brown spots in the grout that disappear when I apply bleach but return in 3 days to a week in the same spots. I used a carbide grout scraper and removed as much of...

Deck Stains [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Folks can any one point me in the right direction in choosing a good deck stain... Something that will. LAST... Thanks much...

Add/Remove Programs doesn't have REMOVE option [ 4 Answers ]

In Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs on Windows XP Home, some of the programs do not have the REMOVE button below them. WHY not? How do I remove programs from the Add or Remove Function, when it displays the program, but when I highlight it, it doesn't give the option to REMOVE it?

View more questions Search