Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WKR2005 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2005, 08:06 AM
    How to download music
    Can someone please give me a "site" that I can read about how to download music onto a CD. I'm not very good on the computer... Thanks "Ken"
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2005, 09:50 AM
    Hi Ken,
    Welcome to AskMeHelpDesk.

First, you don't "download" music onto a CD. Downloading is the process of transferring files from a remoter computer to your computer. You might download music from a service such as iTunes or Napster, but you are storing the files on your hard drive. The next step would be to "burn" the files to a CD.

How you do that depends on a few factors, a) that you have a CD burner (R/RW); b) the type of player you want to use the CD on; c) the burner software you use and d) the format of the music files you want to burn.

Music files come in several formats. Most common are the MP3 and WMA formats. iTunes has its own proprietary format. Standard Audio CDs use the WAV format.

Many new players support the MP3 format. So you could burn MP3 files to a CD as standard data files. This allows you to fit hundreds of songs on one CD. If your CD player doesn't support MP3s, you can use your burner software or Windows Media Player (WMP) to create an Audio CD. Without knowing what burner software you use, I can only suggest you check the Help for your software. With WMP you create a playlist then select the option to copy to CD. When burning as an Audio CD you can get up 80 minutes of music depending on the capacity of the CD.

You might want to check MP3.com for more info on this.
    WKR2005 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2005, 10:30 AM
    Thank you
    SCOTTGEM.. this all seems very confusing but I'll try it & see what happens. I really thank you for taking the time. "Ken"

Sep 16, 2005, 12:45 PM
    If anything seems confusing to you please feel free to ask for clarification. I tried to make it as simple and straighforward as I could.
    videopal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2005, 11:14 AM
    ITunes and MP4
    Thanks, Scott, and how do I copy an ITunes song that I bought onto a CD for my own personal use? I want to use this song as background in my Powerpoint presentation at school. Does the MP4 format not allow copying? Powerpoint for MAC does not recognize this ITunes file...

Please email me at [email protected] and I thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Wayne Kurtz

Dec 5, 2005, 05:57 AM
    MP4 is fairly new. You will need to find a utility that will convert it to a WAV or MP3 to burn to CD.
    videopal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2005, 09:01 AM
    Burning an ITune song onto a CD for my own personal
    Use and to use as background sound on my Powerpoint presentation. Powerpoint does not recognize an ITines M4p format. Is there a legal workaround for this? Again, how do I burn a CD from an ITunes sond that I purchased in my ITunes library?

Thanks and please email me at [email protected] or call me at (323) 365-5433 as I thank you in advance for this... Wayne Kurtz.

Dec 5, 2005, 09:12 AM
    First it is NOT a good idea to put your phone number on a public board like this. I hope you get this quickly and edit it out. Its also not a good idea to put your personal e-mail. We reply by posting answers here, not generally by direct contact.

Second, Like I said, simply search the WEB for a conversion utility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Download music [ 2 Answers ]

What are the best sites to download music? How do you do this.

How to download [ 18 Answers ]

Hi , We find few music album sites, wherein we can just play the music online. What needs to be done if we want to download the music and save them into our local drive. I tried doing that, but always end up with saving as "Html" or "Real Player Presentation" format and cannot be played...

Can't download ANYTHING! [ 13 Answers ]

My computer has just recovered from a problem in which was solved by the removing of display drivers. While I doubt that shouldn't affect my downloading, I can't think of anything that is wrong with my computer for it to be as such. Now I can't even download new drivers. I need help!! :( ...

Download [ 1 Answers ]

Can you download all material on a hotmaill account in one go onto a c.d and how please.

View more questions Search