Dec 12, 2012, 08:04 AM
    Restitution
    I am asking for more time to pay back my restitution. How can I write this
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 12, 2012, 11:55 AM
    "RE: case no. ____

Dear Judge ____:

I have been ordered to make restitution of $___, by ____. For the following reasons, despite my best efforts, I am unable to pay this amount by that date:
    [explain your circumstances making it impossible to pay.]
    May I please have more time?

Sincerely,

Joyce Rey
    [address & phone number]"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Restitution [ 2 Answers ]

I lost my job for steeling $300.00 I had gotten to letters one that saids I have to pay $400.00 at the end of Oct. The second letter is for $500.00 in payments. What can happen if I can't pay the $400.00. K.p. From n.y.

Restitution [ 5 Answers ]

If a person is paying restitution to a victim can the victim also collect in a civil suit? The person has never missed a payment.

What happens if I can't pay restitution? My restitution is $500,000 , 4,200 a month [ 3 Answers ]

I went to court and in court they asked for restitution in the amount of $500,000, in court the judge said no she couldn't grant it, there was no way I could pay that unless I won the lottery. Well I go to jail get my probation papers and the restitution is on there I'm ordered to pay the 500,000...

Restitution [ 5 Answers ]

I have been convicted of mischief under 5000 x 28 (or something like that). I am currently serving out a on year term of house arrest and 150 hours of community service. There is a standalone restitution order(s) in the amount of $13000, but when the justice issued my sentence he said it would be...

Restitution [ 7 Answers ]

My husband was charged with theft, stealing from a department store. The case is nearly finished and now they are saying he owes restitution for the items he tried to steal. He thinks that he shouldn't have to pay for the items since they never left the store and the store would have been able to...

View more questions Search