Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linlee68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 22, 2010, 10:25 PM
    Does the pressure from the hot water tank effect the pressure of the cold water?
    We have very low water pressure at our kitchen sink from both the cold and hot water faucets, but no problem with the water pressure to the bathroom or washer. The cold water tank is closest to the kitchen and the hot water heater is near the bathroom and washer. Someone told my roommate that there is not enough pressure in the cold water tank and that the pressure in the bathroom and to the washer comes from the hot water heater. This makes no sense to me and I said that cold water does not come out of the hot water heater and the hot water heater should have no effect on the cold water pressure, but I do not understand why the pressure is just bad in the kitchen when the line from the cold water tank comes to the kitchen first and the line from the water heater comes to the kitchen last. I hope this is clear. Can you please advise as to what the problem my be?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 23, 2010, 06:09 AM

Have you removed the aerator from the spout and checked the screen? Do you have more pressure with the aerator off? Let me know, tom
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 12:35 PM

I agree with Tom it sounds like you have dirt accumulated in your faucet spout, remove the Aerator see the image below, try the water with it see if water flow is good, clean and install the Aerator if flow is still weak come back and some on help you, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Bathroom water pressure vey poor from cold water storage tank [ 1 Answers ]

Bathroom toilet is very slow to fill up also cold water tap in bathroom when turned on has little or no water coming out of it.can you reply staight away please.

Cold pressure but no hot water pressure? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and have a question regarding my water pressure. I removed my gas and wired in and installed a new electric 50 gallon water heater in 2005. I have good cold water pressure at all of my downstairs faucets,water pressure has never been great upstairs, but I have...

No Cold Water Pressure - Hot Water works Great.Shower [ 10 Answers ]

I live in a fairly old house. In my downstairs shower I get great hot water pressure, but no cold water pressure. I have two handles, one for cold and hot. Any suggestions on how I might fix the problem? House gets water from the city. Not sure on the make/brand of the faucets but they are...

New hot water tank installed, loss of water pressure [ 1 Answers ]

After the installation of a new hot water tank, we have less pressure which is only noticeable when trying to fill the tub. Any ideas? Thank you.

View more questions Search