Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eggyudder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 30, 2009, 12:00 AM
    How do you change jurisdictions in family law from Texas to Nevada
    I have been living in Nevada for the last 4 years. I have a custody order from the state of Texas where my son was born. His father still resides in Texas and has no contact with him what so ever. My question is how do I start the process to change jurisdiction from Texas to Nevada. Do I start in Texas or do I start in Nevada?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 04:00 PM

Texas has the jurisdiction.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 1, 2010, 04:35 PM

As long as the father is still living in Texas it will have the jurisdiction.
    You could ask the father to allow it to be moved
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 1, 2010, 04:50 PM

GV and Chuck are correct. Why do you want jurisdiction moved?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long will it take for my misdemeanor probation transfer from Texas to Nevada take? [ 1 Answers ]

How long will it take for my misdemeanor probation take to transfer from tesas to Nevada? It is a class A assault w/bodily injury and is my first offense ever.

Law regarding voice recording in the State of Nevada [ 2 Answers ]

I arranged for my girlfriend to come over my house yesterday afternoon and my boyfriend placed a digital voice recorder in my home without my knowledge or consent. I do not have physical proof, I only have statements he quoted verbaitem from my conversation with my girlfriend, and when I asked...

How do I evict a family member under Texas law? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 19 year old daughter that has been in and out of serious trouble. Currently on probation for stealing. She pays no rent, she throws a fit if asked to do chores, has tapped into my bank card (which I've changed and keep under lock) and she creates problems with the rest of the family and...

Texas Family Law [ 2 Answers ]

In Texas what age does a child have to be to decide if she continues visitation schedule with her father?

Does Anyone Know Family Law in Texas? [ 4 Answers ]

How much time has to pass for a parent to not have contact with his kids for it to be considered abandonment? I have heard that in Arkansas that if a non-custodial parent does not make any contact with his child/children (no birthday cards, phone calls, christmas presents, child support)for one...

View more questions Search