Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    all4hanleys Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Whirlpool Washer Model #lsq9010lw1
    Washer is about 3 years old. I had to change the drain hose. When I put the washer back against the wall the hose got kinked. I went out and checked my load of laundry and I could smell plastic burning. When I opened the washer it still had a little bit of water in it. I tried to put the cycle on wash again and it wouldn't fill with water I could here a low hum sound though. I tried the spin cycle also nothing. Now it won't fill, spin, agitate or drain. I'm trying to figure out what part was damaged. Thank You :confused:
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 10:48 AM
    Check the coupling between the motor and transmission. Not hard to do once you remove the cabinet. This wasn't an electrical smell was it?

Jul 26, 2007, 11:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by esquire1
    Check the coupling between the motor and transmission. Not hard to do once you remove the cabinet. This wasn't an electrical smell was it?
    Yes The first thing I checked was the cord on the machine to the wall
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 01:19 PM
    You checked the cord but what about the wall outlet? Have you checked it as well?

Jul 26, 2007, 01:35 PM
    You checked the cord but what about the wall outlet? Have you checked it as well?

Wall outlet is fine I even checked to see if it was working by plugging in a light. Checked top and bottom plug in.
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2007, 01:40 PM
    Sorry,asking about wall switch I was thinking about another post. This smell, it was plastic and not electrical smelling like a motor burning smell?

Jul 26, 2007, 05:18 PM
    Sorry,asking about wall switch I was thinking about another post. This smell, it was plastic and not electrical smelling like a motor burning smell?

I'm not sure. Should I test the motor?
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2007, 03:44 AM
    I think at this point I would remove cabinet and check everything. It will find problem quickly and you will be back to washing again.

Jul 27, 2007, 10:13 PM
    I think at this point I would remove cabinet and check everything. It will find problem quickly and you will be back to washing again.
    Thank You for all your help. I'll let you know what the resolution is, If I can find it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool Duet Dryer Model GGW9200 Won't Start [ 3 Answers ]

Dryer was working fine until I put in soaked clothes in it. Soaked clothes was drying for 15 minutes. I manually Paused/Cancelled it, took out clothes to squeeze excess water out of them. Put them back into the dryer and it won't start. Door open light turns on fine. No LED display when...

Whirlpool duet dryer '07 model [ 1 Answers ]

The lite on the left bottom of the dryer is lit that says "control lock" which prevents the dryer from turning on, I cannot get it to shut off. Any knowledge on this? I do not have a manual. Thanks

Whirlpool Supreme ultimate care washer Model LSR8233E [ 2 Answers ]

My washer will fill with water, agitate and then just stops after the wash cycle. It is sitting here now full of water & clothes. Thanks for any help

Whirlpool Tub Won't Spin (includes model number) [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Model #LXR7144EQ2. Appears to be a direct drive washer. It drains fine but will not spin when it gets to the cycle. I looked under the machine while it was trying to spin and the clutch assembly was spinning but the tub wasn't. The assembly got pretty hot while this was...

Whirlpool washer model lsn1000hq0 [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, New here. I have a whirlpool washer model lsn1000hq0, that will not agitate but will rinse and spin out. It tries to agitate but makes a loud noise and only goes in one direction. Any help will be greatly appreciated. schins

View more questions Search