Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramc Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2007, 03:42 PM
    What would be my sentence
    I am 39 year old, leaving in canada on visa. Caught for shoplifting charged with Theft under $5000. On the day of my first appearance in court I am going to plead guilty... My visa will exp in 3 months. This is my first offence and I am very regret for the same.
    Want to know what type of sentence I will get also please suggest what should I request to crown as I will be going back to bangladesh after 2 months. Can I have choice to select sentence.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2007, 06:31 PM
    Well of course the how much under 5000 makes a big difference, if you stole 20 dollars of candy bars or 4000 big screen TV will make a big differnece in court.

Assuming small time shoplifting, most likely a fine.
    ramc Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 04:06 AM
    It was around 175$ two cloths, 1 CD and battery charger. Also could you please suggest if case can be finished on the first day (first day appearance in court). As I would like to finish it as soon as possible because with this I am not able to leave normal life and I am very shame full for the same.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Imperative sentence? [ 1 Answers ]

Just curious, could the following two sentences be considered imperative sentences. I believe so, but just double checking for my son's homework. 1. Josh go to your room. 2. You better go to your room. Thanks.

Probation Sentence? [ 2 Answers ]

While looking on the court documents for my boyfriend's sentencing tomorrow, the docket states "probation sentence". Just out of curiousity, does this mean he's getting probation, or its just sentencing. This is his 3rd DUI ( I know), and we're completely in the dark about what is going to...

How to best word this sentence? [ 13 Answers ]

... working on an FAQ item, so I want to keep it worded as a question... The question is "can I send and receive email?", but I want to include "to and from other members" since guests cannot use the feature. Is it rightly worded as "Can I send and receive email to/from other members?" ...

Topic Sentence [ 1 Answers ]

I need a topic sentence for the following subject: Tips for Job Hunting in Today's Market

A complex sentence [ 1 Answers ]

Should only be preceded by another complex sentence. Should only be followed by another complex sentence. Has more than one phrase. Has only one phrase.

View more questions Search