Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    OpaqueStar7KFGP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2017, 11:36 PM
    Spacial Distortion Field Emission
    Can any kind of field (electromagnetic, radio wave, particle wave, etc.) be "broadcast"/emitted/generated in a non atmospheric environment? More simply stated, is there any kind of field that can be generated to "move space out of the way" or disrupt it's "solidity"?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2017, 04:26 AM
    In Science fiction movies.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2017, 06:58 AM
    1. "Can any kind of field (electromagnetic, radio wave, particle wave, etc.) be "broadcast"/emitted/generated in a non atmospheric environment?"

Guess it depends on what you mean by "non atmospheric". We have transmitted pictures from deep space through Hubbel, pictures from Mars, watched the comet Shoemaker Levy hit Jupiter and are always receiving radio signals from space. Cosmic radiation is constantly bombarding earth. In the Atlanta Area, background cosmic radiation measures about 15-20 counts per minute.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2017, 08:49 AM
    Sure first part of the Question is clear... its the second part

More simply stated, is there any kind of field that can be generated to "move space out of the way" or disrupt it's "solidity"?

That is where you you move into what is currently the realm of Science Fiction with Anti-gravity, Deflector shields, force fields, and disrupter beams.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 31, 2017, 05:44 AM
    Hello OpaqueStar7KFGP. The mere fact that sunlight reaches us from the sun clearly demonstrates the first part of your question. As for the idea of disrupting the "solidity" of space - I have no idea what you are asking about - please clarify what you mean. Also you use the term "spatial distortion field emission" in the subject title - please clarify that as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Field Effect Transistor electric field strength. [ 1 Answers ]

In a field effect transistor they use a polarity to control to vary the electricity flowing through it. What is the maximum distance such a polarity can be projected over longer distances? I.E. one foot, one yard or one mile?

Distortion [ 1 Answers ]

Some and only some screens I see in Yahoo are distorted. It looks like the photos are taken with a wide angle lens. Gil

How to get off spacial probation in PA [ 1 Answers ]

How would I get off on 5 years spacial probation in pa if I'm done with state parole.. And just did 8 years?And am doing very well in my community as a gang pretentiousness?

View more questions Search